Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cary Councilman resigns over city's support of Hispanic grou

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S ... 2&nav=2KPp

Cary councilman resigns over city's support of Hispanic group

CARY, N.C. A Cary city councilman plans to resign because his colleagues decided to donate five thousand dollars to a Hispanic cultural group.

Councilman Mike Joyce says the group Diamante Incorporated has honored a person opposed to cracking down on illegal immigration. Joyce says the group was supporting people with taxpayer money that he calls "a detriment to America."

Joyce last month proposed cutting off Diamante, which is organizing a Latino festival for August fifth.

But the council in this Wake County city refused to back him.

In 2004, Diamante honored a Chatham County woman who took part in a rally earlier this year against a congressional plan to increase deportations of illegal immigrants.

Diamante urged town officials not to hold them responsible for what people did after they won the Latino Diamante Awards.
    ___

Information from: The News and Observer, http://www.newsobserver.com

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

My suggestion to him would to run for mayor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    My suggestion to him would to run for mayor.
    Legal,

Good suggestion! Mike Joyce sounds like our kind of candidate. He's in my County (although not town) and I will be contacting him soon.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

I think we should send him our thoughts and suppport.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Has he actually resigned yet? The story says "he plans" to resign. If he does, we need to get him to run for higher office in NC.

D.W.
    D.W.

I would agree 100% with both of you on that. This takes A LOT of courage and the most sincere dedication to the American people for him to do this.

He did resign. A politician with principles. Imagine that?

D.W.
    D.W.

Oops! I duplicated a post from earlier today. Missed it and the title was a little different and so was the news source. Sorry!

This link was added to the home page:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=34798

I'll post the link here in the home page article.

I am going to contact Mike Joyce and the Town of Cary in support of him.

Re: Cary Councilman resigns over city's support of Hispanic

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S=5157012&nav=2KPp

Cary councilman resigns over city's support of Hispanic group

CARY, N.C. A Cary city councilman plans to resign because his colleagues decided to donate five thousand dollars to a Hispanic cultural group.

Councilman Mike Joyce says the group Diamante Incorporated has honored a person opposed to cracking down on illegal immigration. Joyce says the group was supporting people with taxpayer money that he calls "a detriment to America."

Joyce last month proposed cutting off Diamante, which is organizing a Latino festival for August fifth.

But the council in this Wake County city refused to back him.

In 2004, Diamante honored a Chatham County woman who took part in a rally earlier this year against a congressional plan to increase deportations of illegal immigrants.

Diamante urged town officials not to hold them responsible for what people did after they won the Latino Diamante Awards.
    ___

Information from: The News and Observer, http://www.newsobserver.com

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    So What? There is nothing you can do about it,you`re American.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I think we should send him our thoughts and suppport.
    I agree...I also think he should replace "Easley".
    He`s go my vote.