Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Catholic Priest: On the Immorality of Illegal Immigration

PETOSKEY, Mich., Jan. 11 /Christian Newswire/ -- Father Patrick J. Bascio, a retired Roman Catholic priest who is also an international human rights expert, professor, and widely published author, has written a book entitled "On the Immorality of Illegal Immigration."

Father Bascio presents a strikingly different perspective on illegal immigration than that of many church leaders. Like a prophet of old, he boldly decries current illegal immigration policies that have contributed to his fellow Americans' joblessness, shrinking wages and poorer working conditions. Based on the years Father Bascio spent ministering in Harlem, he also argues that African-American workers, in particular, bear the heaviest burden of the illegal invasion, which locks them out of many workplaces or drives wages below livable levels.

Father Bascio also critiques the motives behind both our legal and illegal immigration policies that lure the Third World's brightest and best to America, stripping poorer nations of their physicians, teachers, scientists, and future leaders.

He also believes that unchecked illegal immigration has grave consequences for overall U.S. tranquility: disdain for the rule of law, street gangs, document fraud and identity theft, staggering welfare and education costs and a creeping "balkanization" that threatens the national principle of E Pluribus Unum. As a Catholic priest, the author readily admits the unpleasantness of taking a position not shared by his church's hierarchy, and which he believes is driven by the prospect of rising membership.

Father Patrick Bascio's book is a resounding appeal not only to Roman Catholics, but to all people of faith to reexamine their churches' conventional views on illegal immigration and consider the hardship it brings for many Americans and its dangers for the nation as a whole.

Dr. Otis L. Graham, historian and visiting scholar at the University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill, has described the book as "persuasive and moving," while Pete Nunez, a former U.S. Attorney, says "the author is right on the mark.

The book is available through Amazon and Authorhouse.com. See Father Pat here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMaNa1K8lJo

For further information, or to schedule an interview with Father Bascio, please contact Izzy Lyman at izzylime@aol.com or 1.231.347.1171.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

April
    This is a refreshing change!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    This is a refreshing change!!!!
    Not really, the vast majority of Catholics oppose illegal immigration, their leaders, just like congress are a bunch of corrupt pigs. Remember when the protestant churches all officially endorsed mass amnesty last October?

I am just glad that individuals from all of the churches are beginning to take a stand against the few corrupt members at the top.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Remember that churches are corporations no different than the US Chamber of Commerce, their leaders are always looking for ways to bring in more money. To me they are like the money changers in the Temple that Jesus chased out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Remember that churches are corporations no different than the US Chamber of Commerce, their leaders are always looking for ways to bring in more money. To me they are like the money changers in the Temple that Jesus chased out.
    Right on, Bowman! This is one reason why I stopped tithing to the church and felt guilty for that and then eventually stopped going.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

Right on, Bowman! This is one reason why I stopped tithing to the church and felt guilty for that and then eventually stopped going.
    Oh I am still going but now put articles about the costs of illegal aliens in the collection envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Many years ago some friends of mine and I decided to put our tithe in an coffee can, then we used it to help those who really needed it. It cost nothing to maintain, but when we would read of the family who lost everything in a fire, or the baby killed by a drunk driver whose parents could not come up with funeral expenses, we would pull it out and help. We felt this is what God truly wanted tithe money to be used for.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bowman, I love what you're doing so much I'm going to start doing that too.

Cayla, we do the same thing, give directly to local families who we know are going through hard times. It's easy to tell the legal immigrants from the illegal aliens...the illegal aliens like to brag about how smart they are and how stupid we are giving them all the handouts.

Shocking, ain't it?
    "

When posting news please provide us with the source link as well.
    Found here:
    http://www.earnedmedia.org/usinc0111.htm
    Thank you for posting this usatime.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast