Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Catholics Back Illegal Immigrants?

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/4693373/detail.html

Catholics Back Illegal Immigrants?

The Catholic church has started a very controversial campaign called Justice for Immigrants.

The campaign hopes to use God's law to replace U.S. immigration law.

The church also wants lawmakers to develop a plan to help bring their families to the U.S. as well.

According to the church, the Bible says to care for the poor, the weak and unfortunate.

The church says that includes illegal immigrants.

But many El Pasoans believe how the Catholic church interprets the Bible should not be above how the U.S. allows illegal immigrants into the country.

While the Catholic church insists compassion is their only motivation, many believe the church is failing to realize the borders of the sovereign United States.

Copyright 2005 by KFOXTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

While the Catholic church insists compassion is their only motivation, many believe the church is failing to realize the borders of the sovereign United States.
    There are enough displaced Americans who need compassion without bringing in more. It is not compassion to aid a lawbreaker unless you are convincing them to stop breaking the law.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The Catholic Church has been in favor of immigration reform for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    The Catholic Church has been in favor of immigration reform for months.
    Actually it is years. Bottom line:
    More and more whites are turning away from the Catholic Church because of the pedophile issue. They need money to pay these settlements/civil verdicts. They know that these ILLEGAL ALIENS are mostly Catholic, and that they put money in the coffers. God's law?
    Thou shall not steal. That is God's law. Thou shall not steal benefits that you are not entitled to. Thou shall not steal school districts, hospitals, and the American people of there birth right. At least the GOD that I serve says that.

Frankly, I think the Catholic Church should be prosecuted under R.I.C.O. for subverting this nations laws, incarcerated, have all their assets seized, and banned from operating in AMERICA.
    This applies to the Pope to the altar boyz. God, please send us a President that is not a maniac and a Congress with a set. This plain criminal. There is no other explanation. How do you come out and say that you are going to break a law and get away with it? This is not a rhetorical question.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

I've said this before. Catholics who are against illegal immigration need to stop paying their tithing and/or leave the church altogether. Then they can try to remain a church by relying on illegal alien tithing only. The Catholic church has long been aiding and abetting criminals for years now. Time for Catholics who are against this travesty to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is the Bishop who covered up the pedophilia in Boston

BY BISHOP WILLIAM MURPHY

Bishop William Murphy is leader of the Diocese of Rockville Centre.
    July 8, 2005

The recent raid of a house in Farmingville where more than 40 day laborers were living in overcrowded conditions should give all of us a reason to stop and reflect on some pressing issues on our beloved Long Island.

We are a nation governed by law which is to be respected and observed by all of us. We also are a nation founded on the principle of the equal dignity of all human beings with human rights, which are inherently ours because, without exception, we are equally valuable members of the human family. Both these truths should be respected. The first must always be applied with justice and without compromising the second: the inherent dignity and human rights of all.

The persons who lived at 33 Woodmont Place in Farmingville are, according to reports, all day laborers, as are thousands of other Latinos who came to Long Island because it needs such laborers and cannot function without them. They have come here not to commit crime but to work.

The recent action by the legal officials in Farmingville is disturbing for several reasons.

First is the context. Farmingville, a good community of hardworking and law abiding citizens, has suffered more than any other place on Long Island from the tensions between native-born Americans and these new persons who have come seeking work.

Second is a situation that exists not only in Farmingville but also in many areas of Long Island. That is the need for affordable housing for day laborers.

Third is the reality that, in this vacuum of decent affordable housing, day laborers will accept whatever they can find. Their need for a place to sleep is being filled by unscrupulous landlords who gouge them for the use of a bed in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions.

The answer to this is not to ignore the problems. Nor is the answer sporadic raids on houses where day laborers are sleeping, leaving them on the street and in a state as bad or worse than what they had been enduring. This is unjust and unworthy of us all.

If local authorities wish to act - and I have no problem with their seeking to do so - they are right to target landlords who, I would assume, are breaking all kinds of laws, ordinances and codes by renting space to more unrelated people than the town or village allows.

A proper sense of justice would say it is better to address the perpetrators, as happened in this case, who place profit ahead of human beings, than the poor - who literally have no choice save to sleep in the open. It is appropriate to call to justice those who used to be called "slumlords." However, this can and should be done without further victimizing poor and defenseless immigrants.
    There is an even deeper problem that is the root cause, which is why citizens and our officials are rightly concerned and upset. The immigration law and policy of our national government is broken and badly needs repair. The federal laws on immigration are not applied and, most officials admit, are inapplicable in a uniform, just and "across the board" way.
    That unfairly leaves local officials in a quandary: How to fulfill their role of maintaining good order, security and safety in our community when the federal government has made laws the federal government either cannot or will not enforce? No one should blame local officials for the failure of the federal government. No one should expect any government to enforce laws they are unequipped to enforce.

What should be done? The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is sponsoring a new effort on immigration reform. We base our teaching on the right of persons to remain in their homeland or to emigrate to support themselves and their families; on the right of sovereign nations to secure borders and on the respect for human dignity and rights of all people, including the undocumented.

In my opinion, there needs to be deep and serious immigration law reform. We should not have federal laws that cannot be enforced. We should not expect local communities to fill in the void. We should not punish people who have come here legally seeking honest work, nor should we deprive people who are here of their dignity as human beings.

Copyright 2005 Newsday Inc.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are a nation governed by law which is to be respected and observed by all.
    Correct.
    So this guy is a pervert protector?

I don't have much respect for an organization who, for years, hid and protected sick and disgusting perverts. They are probably still doing it.
    Stick to running your church, if you can, and mind your own business if you can't respect our laws.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I was born and raised Catholic and went to Catholic Schools! Before I went to do mission work in Honduras I approached the local Catholic priest and asked for financial help for my mission. His response was basically.....don't bother me......

When I approached Catholic Relief Services a few years ago, CRS works overseas mind you, asking for help for my wife's family in Colombia, they blew me off. When I approached Charles Chaout, bishop of Denver, he basically blew me off too!

They are hypocrites! They want you to give %10 or yor salary to them yet if they ask you for something they deny you!

My last request to Chaput of Denver was for a scholarship for my daughter attend a Catholic school! Neither Chaput, the principal of the school or the head of the Catholic sschools would respond! However, send them a fictitous letter promising a $10,000 donation and they will beat a path to your door!

See how they are?

BTW! I ran across a website where a wealthy Denver businessman set up a scholarship fund so that poor inner city kids in Denver could study at private schools to get away from the horrible public schools. One article talked about a Mexican family who had children getting these scholarships and they had only been in Denver for 4 years! They were in the Catholic elementary school. One of their kids! Do you think these poor people were and are illegal after just 4 years IF they qualify for one of these scholarships? If you are POOR in Mexico you just can't get a legal visa to come here! It is next to impossible!

The Catholic Church has built Cenro Juan Diego in downtown Denver and yes they cater to illegals...?

I am sorry if I sound like a sour puss on the above but why should I attend a church that wants my money but willl do nothing for my family?

BTW Last time my immigrant wife (LEGAL)) went to the Catholic mass in Spanish she said the priest scolded the congregation for not giving more and my wife said not to many were giving that day!

I quit going and will not return anytme soon!

catholic

JackSmith- I was raised catholic and went to catholic schools too.
    But the church became nothing but a shame and a big scandel. Priest perverts everywhere! This behavior is acceptable or forgiven by the latin-American people, because it's a part of everyday life for them.
    They follow the money just like our favorite politicians. Right now, their payments are made by Latin-America. Of course they are going to be FOR open borders.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast