Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CBP Seizes $1.7 Million in Undeclared Currency

C.B.P. News Release

CBP Seizes Marijuana, $1.7 Million in Undeclared Currency at Laredo, Texas Port

(Tuesday, January 20, 2009)

Laredo, Texas – U.S. Customs and Border Protection Field Operations officers at the Laredo port of entry intercepted a load of marijuana, apprehended a fugitive wanted on narcotics charges, and thwarted two cases that resulted in the seizure of $1,780,425 in undeclared currency, which netted the arrest of four.

The most recent seizure occurred Sunday shortly before noon at the Lincoln-Juarez Bridge. CBP officers conducting outbound inspections referred a 2006 Chevrolet Tornado driven by Aristeo Cavelaris Castillo, a 32-year-old Mexican citizen from Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico for secondary examination. During the examination, CBP canine β€œArasβ€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I guess we all should print some money :P
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

God bless those dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    I guess we all should print some money :?: :P :idea:
    This has nothing to do with counterfiet money. They were transporting real U.S. money, so I can't figure out what you mean when you say, "I guess we should all print some money".
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Haven't you ever heard of the money cartels (that make their own money)?
    BP officers discovered the packages to contain U.S. currency. CBP officers discovered a total of 35 sealed packages containing $444,666 in unreported currency.

$444,666 in unreported currency - I bet some of it is fake
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Haven't you ever heard of the money cartels (that make their own money)? :idea: :wink: :lol:
    BP officers discovered the packages to contain U.S. currency. CBP officers discovered a total of 35 sealed packages containing $444,666 in unreported currency.
    :idea: :wink: 8) :?
    This article is about REAL U.S. MONEY that was being transported across the border. It has nothing to do with people printing their own money.
    "UNDECLARED" or "UNREPORTED" means that the people didn't declare the money as they crossed the border, as is required of anyone moving $10,000 or more into or out of this country.
    You don't seem to understand what you read here.
    NO AMNESTY

Laredo, Texas – U.S. Customs and Border Protection Field Operations officers at the Laredo port of entry intercepted a load of marijuana, apprehended a fugitive wanted on narcotics charges, and thwarted two cases that resulted in the seizure of $1,780,425 in undeclared currency, which netted the arrest of four.

I know I am about to get bashed, but I think Marijuana should be legalized. It's just like the Ft Worth PD officers I knew said. "I have had many calls to break up problems due to alcohol, but not ONE to break up a disturbance due to pot. My mom had bone cancer and had NO appetite. I was the one that took care of her. All she wanted to eat was bagels, and that was only when I was able to get her to eat. Her doc mentioned pot to bring up her appetite, and lo and behold, it worked. Her life was prolongled ONLY because she was able to eat the protein that was so desperately needed. Also, it has been PROVEN that pot is LESS harmful than alcohol, AND pot is natural i.e. God made it. Man made alcohol, God made pot. I used to be one of those people that were all against pot, but it took me to see first hand the miracles it can provide. 25% of Americans smoke it. If we were to legalize, it would produce tax revenue unlike anything we have seen before. It would also get rid of the criminal element that were have made because of prohibition. If you look at the Obama website, the #1 issue is legalization of pot. Even though I don't smoke it, I can't deny that people need it, just like my mom.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

:idea: :wink:
    A "Port of Entry" is a LEGAL place to cross the border, to enter this country. It still doesn't say that it was counterfeit money.
    NO AMNESTY