Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Gogo, I'm sure I could go dig those up (might have to give me some time for the most solid references though). In the meantime, send him to Roy Beck's Gumballs video. It's a bit dated, but all the concepts still apply (the numbers have increased moderately since it's production, but it really does do a good job in outlining the proportions of the problem - IMHO).
    Thanks Phrede I already did that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel that the biggest problem in the usa today is just too many people. And most of the youth now have no or poor role models and are completely dependant on taxpayers and drugs. Im just a normal guy and I see it why can't the elite see it!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Gogo - slow down, you make me look bad

Here's some other places to look:

Some good numbers about immigration - from the source (DHS):

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/statistics/pu ... LPR07.shtm

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/statistics/

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/stat ... e_2006.pdf

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/stat ... r_2007.pdf

US Census Population 'Clock':
    http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

2006 Illegal Immigrant 'Arrivals':

Allowed in as 'unauthorized' 650,000 per year (about 1800 per day; but again, it is hard to count people that inherently don't want to be counted too - that is probably a low-end estimate based upon the interdiction rate and at a sampling of key border crossing ports or other areas)

2007 - Legal Perm Residents:

New arrivals = 430,000
    Status Adjusts = 620,000
    ------------------------
    Total - 1,050,000

+ Per annum:
    Diversity Visas (50,000)
    Family-sponsored preferences (226,000)
    Those with 'employment-based preferences' (147,000)*

(etc).

The fact that the population has increased from:

301,600,000 (US Census, approximate number) to 304,000,000 (2.4 million) over 10 months says a lot (from July 1 2007 to current May 5 200.

Obviously, the numbers above for legal entry don't match the 2.4 million the population was estimated to have increased. So, illegal immigration is a big chunk of the increase. There is a large 'gray area' with regard to some of the statistics, though, due to the fact that things like 'status adjustments' can involved legal and illegal immigrants.

I know CIS, FAIR, and Numbers all have sections on their sites that have some detailed stats/tables/resources on this as well. I'll go try to dig out the best ones, and post links to those here as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK got them. Thanks Phrede. My eyes are swimming. Hey those stats have got to be way out of line from what I can see especially the undocumented. When L.A. has close to 2 million that isn't even close.

Have you seen this guys posts on the gumball video YouTube site. This guy is off the charts.

AmericanDNA (4 hours ago) Show Hide
    0 Poor comment Good comment

Marked as spam

Thankyou, All you Anti-immigration pricks are out in the open, WE ARE TAKEN NAMES, and writing them down, along with the politicians you bigot's support and coporations that endorse bigots!.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Have you seen this guys posts on the gumball video YouTube site. This guy is off the charts.

Thankyou, All you Anti-immigration pricks are out in the open, WE ARE TAKEN NAMES, and writing them down, along with the politicians you bigot's support and coporations that endorse bigots!.
    I haven't seen that, but I'm not surprised. Hey, if you're going to be insulted (and possibly threatened) at least have the courtesy to do so in coherent English. So, let me offer the revised insult - as it SHOULD appear:
    Thank You. All you Anti-immigration pricks are out in the open. WE ARE TAKING NAMES. We are writing them down along with the politicians you bigots support and [the] corporations that endorse [you] bigots!.

Go to dna's page and report him under his green racist crap talk. A hint to the wise-don't read the green it's sickening.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanDNA

When I reported him it said that he had been reported but youtube needs to ban this OBL supporter fast!

My 0.02 cents - name-calling never produced a valid discussion or debate on any issue. If that's all the opposition can do (sling insults to those with differing views) then I'd simply say 'flush it'. Engage me in a meaningful debate using some facts, or at least some basic assumptions; but opening up with insults only looses people in the process. Why even bother?

I agree Phrede.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12