Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CFR member says time to ditch the dollar

I don't see this posted here yet.

The Dollar In Danger

For a quarter-century after World War II, money was based on a loose version of the gold standard. The U.S. dollar was pegged to gold; other currencies were pegged to the dollar; stable prices underpinned the prosperity and soaring trade of the 1950s and '60s. Then in 1971 Richard Nixon balked at the high interest rates necessary to maintain the dollar's link to gold. For the rest of the decade, inflation ripped. The cure, starting in 1979, involved two recessions in the United States and the Third World debt crisis.
    Most economists assume that the dollar will continue to act as the global currency because there is no alternative. But one of my colleagues at the Council on Foreign Relations, Benn Steil, has proposed another option -- a privately created currency that would confer an inflation-proof claim on gold or a basket of commodities. Steil calls his idea "digital gold," which has a nice back-to-the-future ring. The more the dollar slides, the less Steil's suggestion sounds like a fantasy from a movie studio.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... inionsbox1
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Re: CFR member says time to ditch the dollar

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Most economists assume that the dollar will continue to act as the global currency because there is no alternative. But one of my colleagues at the Council on Foreign Relations, Benn Steil, has proposed another option -- a privately created currency that would confer an inflation-proof claim on gold or a basket of commodities. Steil calls his idea "digital gold," which has a nice back-to-the-future ring. The more the dollar slides, the less Steil's suggestion sounds like a fantasy from a movie studio.
    In other words, the CRF elite wants to screw us even more. They don't have to create a private currency, since we could re-peg the dollar to gold or "a basket of commodities". Since they don't suggest that it seems obvious they have manipulated the dollars fall in order to get their One World Order currency in place. What would they call it, the "Worldro"?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In my heart, I always felt that part of the reason that Boosh went into Iraq was to stop Saadam from converting to Euros. Looks like he and Cheney's plan backfired.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I think we'll be using ameros pretty soon.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    they are pushing for it and pushing for it hard... we are lowering the value of the dollar to a level closer to the equal of the mexican dollar so the people of America are less inclined to bit_h about devaluing of the dollar.. Look at Canada, they are thrilled that the loon is worth more than the dollar
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Instead of ditching our currency I say lets ditch the CRF along the Illegals, and all the treasonist Politicians including the current President.

When will the American people wake up?

Quote Originally Posted by Berfie
    Instead of ditching our currency I say lets ditch the CRF along the Illegals, and all the treasonist Politicians including the current President.

When will the American people wake up?
    No kidding....I'd like to drive these bozos down to Mexico permanently and let them enjoy the finer things in life from down there.

Everyone make sure you load up on AMMO big time...the day is drawing ever nearer.