Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chanting "USA" in America Could Start Race War?

See where chanting 'U-S-A!' not allowed

'We don't want to start a race war'

By Kevin DeAnna
    World Net Daily
    March 7, 2012

Chanting the name of your own country is now prohibited.

Basketball players at Alamo Heights High School defeated San Antonio Edison in Texas on Saturday. In jubilation, Alamo Heights students began chanting “USA, USA!”

School officials immediately stopped the chant because they believed it was disrespectful.
    Reporter Brian Mylar’s article at KSAT.com was headlined “Racial incident mars high school game” and termed it a “disturbing incident.”

However, in an interview with WND, he admitted he was not actually at the event and the report was based on video.

In interview with WND, Mylar commented that there were no racial chants, but the chant of “USA” was taken by some to be racial.

When asked if the other team’s fans had responded in any way, he said that he did not know because he was not at the event and the report was based on video. He also stated that he did not know if the predominantly Hispanic fans of San Antonio had chanted anything that caused Alamo Heights fans to respond in this way, as “I don’t know. We don’t want to start a race war.”

According to the San Antonio Independent News, the chant of “USA” lasted about five seconds before being silenced by the coach of Alamo Heights.

The Edison team also was already in the locker room. However, San Antonio Independent School District Athletic Director Gil Garza filed a complaint with the University Interscholastic League on Tuesday.

This is not unique for the area, as both Mylar and the San Antonio Independent News referenced an incident the prior year when the predominantly white Cedar Park High School chanted “USA” and “Arizona” at the fans of mostly the mostly Hispanic Lanier High from San Antonio.

USA vs. Mexico soccer games have also become a scene of tension, with the U.S. team taking for granted that games in Los Angeles are “Mexican home games” and Mexican fans chanting “Osama” and throwing urine and vomit at the American players.

School officials of both districts immediately condemned the students. According to Mylar, San Antonio Independent School District spokeswoman Leslie Price stated, “It is surprising and it’s disappointing to hear that anyone would be out there making those kinds of remarks.”

Alamo Heights Supt. Kevin Brown also apologized, saying, “We just hope that people know that that’s not who we are and we’re not going to let it happen again.”

Alamo Heights as a school has also apologized and the students identified will be banned from state title games and be forced to apologize, officials said. According to the San Antonio Independent News, some of the Alamo Heights students who chanted “USA” and have been punished are Hispanic.

However, there have been no allegations that any racially insensitive language was used, besides “USA.”

The principal for Alamo Heights declined comment.

See where chanting ‘U-S-A!’ not allowed
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No race wars will result, however, from illegals booing the U.S. national anthem during sporting events.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alamo Heights as a school has also apologized and the students identified will be banned from state title games and be forced to apologize, officials said. According to the San Antonio Independent News, some of the Alamo Heights students who chanted “USA” and have been punished are Hispanic.

However, there have been no allegations that any racially insensitive language was used, besides “USA.
    This idiot needs to go.

If I was a member of a military family in San Antonio, this would be the LAST place that my kids would go to school.

From the web site:

About The District: Welcome Military

Home > About the District > Welcome Military
    Alamo Heights welcomes all military families to the Greater San Antonio area.

We in the Alamo Heights Independent School District (AHISD) understand that nothing causes more stress and turmoil for a family than moving to a new base/post, city, and school. Because of this understanding, we want to make sure you know about the option of living and or going to school in Alamo Heights.

If you choose to live within the AHISD school district you will be able to enroll your child in one of the premier school districts in the United States; if you choose not to rent or purchase in Alamo Heights, you may want to consider applying for tuition. AHISD does allow a limited number of tuition students each year. Our unique location allows for easy access to and from Fort Sam Houston, Randolph AFB, and other neighborhoods throughout San Antonio.

Our staff and facilities combine the sophistication of the 21st Century with the intimacy of a small town. Our teachers and administrators are focused, highly motivated, and recognized for academic and extra-curricular excellence. We are able to offer small teacher to student ratios and innovative course options.

Here are some highlights of AHISD:
    • 95.5% of AH High School Graduates attend college
    • ACT College Readiness Award to the High School – only given to top 5% of schools nationally
    • Ranked one of the Top Traditional High Schools in the Nation by Multiple Publications
    • Majority of Teachers Possess Greater than 11 Years of Experience—58% have a Master’s degree or Doctorate
    • Strong Leadership and Character Education Programs
    • Award Winning JROTC Program—National Champions for Four Consecutive years
    • Superior Athletic, Fine Arts and Strings Programs
    • When it comes to the state-mandated TAKS test, AHISD has a philosophy of not “teaching to the test;” rather, the district provides a strong, enriching curriculum that focuses on student engagement and academic excellence
    http://www.ahisd.net/about/military.html
    Last edited by Newmexican; 03-07-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Shouldn't We The People be contacting this school district to let them know being proud of being an American, in America, is not racist, it is patriotic? Come on people, lets do some emailing and calling, it's what we're known for. Make this clown apologize to the students for punishing them for being proud of their nation.

6900 Broadway
    San Antonio, Texas 78209
    Phone: 210-820-8850 • Fax: 210-832-5777

Principal: Dr. Linda Foster email: fosterl@ahisd.net

Dr. Kevin Brown
    Email: brownk@ahisd.net
    Superintendent of AHISD

On the independent school districts website there is a message from this clown cowering down to the politically correct and to the non-American in our society. Let's get people to speak up and let him know they are a minority not a majority and this kind of divisiveness is what is tearing our country up.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There you go, I have jumped out there, maybe not the first from around this nation, at least I hope I am not the first to be offended enough to email. Please email or call.

Dr. Brown,

As an American, from a family lineage that has been here, and participated in all military actions we have had that challenged our freedoms, I find the treatment of your students patriotism appalling.

Why would you be so worried about this being racist? What is racist about being proud of our nation? Are not the students of the other team Americans as well? Why would they not understand, unless their loyalties lie with another nation.

If someone is threatened or offended by an American team, chanting "USA", in America, then I question their loyalties to this nation, and the loyalties of anyone who would admonish them for this.

You welcome military families, yet you have just offended their sacrifices for this nation by making being proud of the USA something to be ashamed of. Let's stop this pandering to a few who get upset and offended by everything.

I am millions others are offended. Consider this in your next step.

Sincerely
    XXXXXXX XXXXX
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the link! I beat you to it , I was having a bad day until I wrote them. Now I'm happy as a pig in you know what, I got to vent my rage on them...LOL! I forgot to save the emails though so thanks, AmericanElizabeth.

The nation is going to throw a fit if they punish these young students for chanting the name of the USA!

W

Just sent my emails too. This is horrible to see these officials ban these kids form State title games too! How unfair and unpatriotic!

The losing team are just a bunch of sore losers.

Video of hispanic radio host defends chanting USA!
    Uploaded by joepagsradio on Mar 6, 2012http://www.facebook.com/joepagsshow -- A story on the local CBS affiliate this afternoon was horribly reported. After winning a basketball game, some students at one school were chanting "USA USA USA" and some people were offended. The school in question is 35 percent Latino while the losing team is 96 percent Latino. The "educators" in this story thought it made sense to freak out and tell the kids why saying that is offensive. Here's my explanation on the radio as to why the story was misreported and how the staff at the school reacted incorrectly.
    Video below.

USA USA USA Never Bad - YouTube
    Last edited by CCUSA; 03-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Lord this needs to be stopped in this country. I am SO very tired of anything patriotic being labeled as racist, it is getting so old it is getting cobwebs on it. If people are offended by someone waving an American flag on American soil, or someone is offended by people chanting "USA" then they need to get out of this country if they are not happy here. This is the United States of America, this is "U S A" and it is where they are. We will chant USA and wave our American flags so long as we are all alive.

Here's a way to get the word out people, post it to Facebook from the riginal WND article, and copy and paste these email addresses for those you know to get involved.
    Last edited by AmericanElizabeth; 03-08-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast