Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cheating Our Children

http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/050401_cheating.htm

Cheating Our Children
    By Joe Guzzardi

As a teacher, the question I am most often asked is: “Why doesn’t my child learn anything in school?�

“Your child doesn’t learn,� I tell parents, “because education is no longer the primary objective of California public schools. Academic excellence is subordinate to English language development, multiculturalism, ethnic awareness and the celebration of diversity.�

Not many people like that brutally frank answer. But it’s drawn from observations made from nearly twenty years of experience at the Lodi Unified School District.

The latest “crisisâ€? in California educationâ€â€

Cheating American Children

Our lawmakers must first realize it is the American child who is truly their first responsibility -- and their future voter.

Right after they figure that out, perhaps it will occur to them that it is the responsibility of the immigrant (including legal and illegal) to learn english as their first language. If they are legal, they had to learn english. They should be forced to use english, period. If they cannot speak english, they should be placed in seperate classes until they learn english -- and be taught nothing else until they learn it.

Why is it our responsibility to adjust our teachers and their practices for good education?

My children currently attend school here in San Francisco and Stanislaus counties.The after school meetings at my daughter's school here in SF take twice as long as most of the other schools here because everything has to be repeated in Spanish.Although my children are half Chicano (their moms families have been here for many generations) I fear that the resentment that comes along with so many new and illegal immigrants into our state will ultimately affect my kids because at some point there will be no barrier between who belongs here and who doesn't.