Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CHECK POINTS IN TULSA WORKED

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... spanc47621

I went by the flea market this morning and there wasn't a hispanic in the place. Illegals are scared and they are leaving. We are taking back our state. I heard on the radio and the morning news that they impounded 12 cars and they didn't say how many illegals got caught but they did say they caught a felon with outstanding warrents and a couple drunks. I do not personally believe in any type of police check points but I have to support this one.

The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office conducted a roadside safety checkpoint Friday night on Tulsa's west side, looking for drunk drivers and other violators.

The checkpoints are funded through a state grant and are held every few months, weather permitting, said Sgt. Bob Darby of the Sheriff's Office.

''We don't just look for DUI, we look for people without seat belts or insurance,'' Darby said.

Deputies began the checkpoint Friday around 7 p.m. at the intersection of West 21st Street and South Yukon Avenue and were scheduled to continue checking vehicles until midnight, Darby said.

Early on, most people passing through were people on their way to a Berryhill football game and most had no violations, Darby said.

One issue looming during the checks was Oklahoma's new immigration reform law, which took effect Thursday and makes it a felony to knowingly transport illegal immigrants.

Darby said deputies were not specifically looking for illegal immigrants and that the check point was not purposefully scheduled to coincide with the law taking effect.

''This is coincidental, that we're having this today and the law took effect yesterday,'' he said. Immigration and Customs Enforcement "is not going to be out with us,'' he said.

Though the roadblocks do cause some delays, most citizens are thankful that law enforcement conducts them, Darby said.

''It inconveniences a few people, but it also makes people get their stuff together,'' he said. ''They're glad to see we're out doing that. The only ones who gripe about it most of the time are the ones who go to jail."

Comment Section Alert!

If your breaking the law you should be a little bit worried about being caught.

If your going to drive you need to have your license, registration and insurance in order. When I don't I worry!

Why should someone get preferential treatment when they don't because of their skin color?

AMEN BOB
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother