Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chelsea Clinton Stumps for Amnesty

Of course, she will never personally experience the negative impacts of illegal immigration:
    -------

Daily Breeze
    A first daughter campaigns in Carson (California)
    By Gene Maddaus, Staff Writer
    2-1-08

Facing an enthusiasm gap among younger voters, the Hillary Clinton campaign dispatched its most valuable young surrogate - daughter Chelsea Clinton - to a Carson rally Friday.

Clinton, 27, who was generally seen but not heard during her father's presidency, answered questions at California State University, Dominguez Hills, displaying a thorough grasp of policy detail and pride in her mother's presidential bid.

"I'm here to try and make her campaign more accessible to you," Clinton told a crowd of a couple hundred students. "I think this is the most important election of our lifetime."

Clinton has been appearing at college campuses around California for the past two weeks in her first stab at campaigning on her own. She made limited opening remarks before taking about 10 questions on education, the economy, immigration, gay rights and national security.

At points, she displayed her parents' facility with statistics and policy arcana, while she also had the discipline to stay on message.

Asked whether her father's close relationship with former President George H.W. Bush would give the Bush family too much influence over the Clintons, she had no trouble reciting the campaign's theme of the week.

"One, you're not voting for the Clintons," she said. "You're voting for my mother."

She went on to say she was proud of her father's philanthropic work abroad, including a fundraising campaign for victims of the 2004
    tsunami with former President Bush.

"My father, in his private life, is doing so much good for us," she said.

Clinton got the most applause when she spoke about streamlining the student loan process and making it easier to repay student loans through national service.

She also struck a chord with the crowd, which was largely Latino, when she spoke about immigration reform.

"We want to invite people out of the shadows," she said, to considerable applause.

Several students said they had parents and other relatives who are illegal immigrants, and said they support Clinton because of that issue.

"She's gonna help us," said Nancy Rangel, 18, a Santee High School student.

Clinton was joined by Rep. Laura Richardson, D-Harbor Gateway, and Rep. Loretta S nchez, D-Garden Grove. But the students were more impressed by other members of Clinton's entourage, including America Ferrera, the 23-year-old star of the TV show "Ugly Betty," who got an enormous ovation.

"Hillary Clinton needs to be in that White House to protect our future," Ferrera said. "We need something beyond inspiration. We need someone who can deliver."

The crowd seemed torn between Clinton and Barack Obama, who has bested Clinton among younger voters in the previous primaries.

Lauren Romero, 18, said she had not decided which Democrat to vote for on Tuesday.

"The main thing for me, is I'm concerned about the troops, because I'm planning to go into the Navy," Romero said. "It's more likely I'll vote for Hillary."

Sheena McDade, 21, of Gardena said she supports Obama because she prefers his ideas on education, and she plans to have children while he would be in office.

"He has me," she said.

But others gave answers that indicated neither campaign can absolutely count on the youth vote.

"I really do think, if someone has to win, it should be Obama," said Fern Faavae, 27. "But I don't think I'll vote this year. I don't have time."

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_8147108
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My god! Why can't the Clintons just go away to some farm in Arkansas and play golf and travel the world. Bill can continue to get $250,000 per speaking engagement. I do not care. Just as long as they do it away!

Look at her eyes. She is going to be just like her mommy and daddy. Addicted to all the power and fame that politics can bring her.

Now we are going to have to deal with Chelsea Clinton for the next 50 years.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I never thought Shillary had anything in the area of looks. and Bill wasn't too bad. Guess that explains Chelsea's lack of looks.
    Especially since she looks more like Mummy then duddy.

Clinton got the most applause when she spoke about streamlining the student loan process and making it easier to repay student loans through national service.
    So what sort of useless, politically correct programs would Miss Clinton recommend? A lot of these students are going into useless or outright destructive careers, so I guess we might as well pick up the expenses they incur on the way. Right?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David