Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chertoff: This will hurt you more than it hurts me

To get the rest of the article and link, you'll have to go to LA Times which I am not registered. I thought I'd at least copy what they had on steinreport(.)com because it sounds like an arrogant threat to me. What do you think?

Chertoff: This Will Hurt You More than It Hurts Me

"Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff predicted painful economic fallout from the array of immigration enforcement measures the administration unveiled Friday in an attempt to choke off the jobs "magnet" that draws illegal immigrants. The changes, which would stiffen work-site enforcement, add border agents and increase penalties for rogue employers, could cause havoc in immigrant-dependent industries like agriculture, hospitality and healthcare, Chertoff acknowledged. 'There will be some unhappy consequences for the economy out of doing this,' he said in an interview with The Times," the LA Times writes. "Chertoff said he had little sympathy for businesses that hire illegal workers, saying they should have seen the crackdown coming after the Senate failed to pass immigration reform. 'We have been crystal clear about what the consequences would be,' he said."
    Last edited by working4change; 08-07-2013 at 09:04 AM.