Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chicago Immigration Activist A No-Show At LA Rally

Aug 18, 2007 8:50 pm US/Pacific

Chicago Immigration Activist A No-Show At LA Rally

(AP) LOS ANGELES An illegal immigrant who left the protection of a Chicago church for the first time in more than a year was in Los Angeles Saturday to campaign for immigration reform, saying she chose to "stay and fight."

Elvira Arellano, speaking at a downtown church, said she was not afraid of being taken into custody by immigration agents. She sought sanctuary in the Chicago church to avoid deportation and separation from her 8-year-old American son.

"From the time I took sanctuary the possibility has existed that they arrest me in the place and time they want," she said in Spanish. "I only have two choices. I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."

Arellano, 32, and other activists want lawmakers to place a moratorium on deportations and hammer out reforms that would allow undocumented immigrants to remain in the country, at least temporarily.

"We cannot wait for another election," she said. "We can't wait, sitting with our arms crossed, while our families are being separated."

As Arellano spoke her son, Saul, took part in a small immigration reform rally by activists a few miles away at City Hall.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials declined to discuss their operations, but no uniformed agents appeared to be present at the church or rally.

Local church officials said Arellano planned to visit and pray Sunday with the families of four other people who are staying in sanctuary churches in Los Angeles, then head back East.

Arellano came to Washington state illegally in 1997. She was deported to Mexico shortly after, but returned and moved to Illinois in 2000, taking a job cleaning planes at O'Hare International Airport.

She was arrested in 2002 at O'Hare and later convicted of working under a false Social Security number. She was to surrender to authorities last August.

She sought sanctuary on Aug. 15, 2006, at Adalberto United Methodist Church. She had not left the church property until deciding to be driven to Los Angeles, said the Rev. Walter Coleman, pastor of the storefront church on Chicago's West Side.

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_230013733.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"
    We cannot wait for another election," she said. "We can't wait, sitting with our arms crossed, while our families are being separated."

As Arellano spoke her son, Saul, took part in a small immigration reform rally by activists a few miles away at City Hall.
    OMG enough already . . . nobody is trying to separate your family. You deliberately chose to have an anchor baby AFTER YOU WERE DEPORTED AND RE-ENTERED ILLEGALLY thinking that poor child would net you citizenship and all the freebies that you could grab from welfare, heathcare and educational systems not in existence in your cesspool of a homeland. Go home and take your anchor with you we don't want or need you or him. Take the rest of the breed mares and their offspring with you.

This vile pig inspires hatred.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I am sick of hearing about her already....she doesn't want to be separated from her son....good...so take him back to Mexico where you belong...
    Also...she was arrested for using false ID....so why don't the police arrest her for that FIRST...then deport her...If you or I used false ID...we would be in jail
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    I am sick of hearing about her already....she doesn't want to be separated from her son....good...so take him back to Mexico where you belong...
    Also...she was arrested for using false ID....so why don't the police arrest her for that FIRST...then deport her...If you or I used false ID...we would be in jail
    I live in Illinois so needless to say there have been many days that I had a burning desire to go down to that makeshift church and drag her out into the streets and do a citizens arrest.

What we have to realize is that these are the bottom of Mexico's cesspool of citizenship and they have no education, no concept of right, wrong or legalities. They're breeding idiots pure and simple who think that giving birthing millions of babies is an accomplishment which is why they listen to LaRaza, LuLac and Elivira. Who in their right mind would pay attention to these delusional maniacs?

Dang- it

I think the next LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZEN in this country that gets arrested should pitched a total fit. Here we have an illegal alien and no one will go get her, yet I could be (and would be) thrown in jail if I did the same thing she did with a SS card.

She's so insignificant. She couldn't even draw a crowd today. How many hours in a car is it from Chicago to LA. Bet it would have been nice to fly.

Oppps, I forgot... she can't. Now she plans on going to DC. Have a nice road trip!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So Dixie . . . IYHO do you think they will finally grab this cow in Washington?

I'm having a hard time with her comment where she says she has two choices, go to my "own country, Mexico. Or stay here and fight"
    If she claims Mexico as her country then why does she want to be here?
    This makes no sense to me.
    If I claimed Mexico as my country I would be living there!
    This is not about her being seperated from her son he can go to Mexico with her.
    I actually feel sorry for her son and what she is putting him through and I am suprised that CPS has not been involved in this case.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I hope they nail her at a rest stop taking a pee!!

I know, that's not nice........WHATEVER!!!!!!

They need to nab the woman and send her back with the strict instructions that if she is seen within this nation again, she WILL be seperated form her son by being put in Federal prison for a very extended period of time.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I'm having a hard time with her comment where she says she has two choices, go to my "own country, Mexico. Or stay here and fight"
    If she claims Mexico as her country then why does she want to be here?
    This makes no sense to me.
    If I claimed Mexico as my country I would be living there!
    Mountain Dog, Elvira can combine the two: Go back to her home country and fight for reform there. Ya, I think that would be the NOBLE thing to do. Ooops, what am I thinking. She is incapable of being noble. She's just plain selfish and wants the good life of America and to be supported by Americans. Sheesh. She has SOME NERVE.

I CAN'T STAND HER!!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast