Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Child abduction attempts in Indianapolis

Possible abduction attempts on west side
    http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6949816
    Aug 18, 2007 01:32 AM EDT

Israel Baez

Phil Scott/Eyewitness News

There are concerns in a near Westside neighborhood after a stranger in a van approached five children.

"I was coming around and then the van started honking at me," said Mara who is one of the children.

Mara and Sarah were about a block from home Thursday night when a strange van approached. Sarah thought she heard Spanish.

"He was rolling down his window and giving me googly eyes and stuff. Yeah, I knew what he was trying to do. Because we talk about it at school," she said.

They screamed and ran and that's when the neighbors leapt into action. One chased the van for its license plate, another called 9-1-1.

And then another report came in, that a few minutes earlier, a few blocks away at Belmont and New York, same van and same driver. Only this time the message was in English: 'Hey baby, come here.'"

Metro police say they pulled over Israel Baez thirty minutes later, now accompanied by a prostitute. Inside the van police found duct tape, rope, a club, and condoms. The police report calls the items a "rape kit".

Sarah and Mara found out when they identified Baez.

"She's like: what if that was us Sarah? What if he picked us up, Sarah? And I said, Mara, don't say that! Yeah, we was crying," said Sarah.

Then they learned something that may be even more scary. Because the driver only spoke to them and didn't try to grab them, he may not be charged.

"What his intentions were, we make an assumption on that as people, as parents, as individuals. But from a law point of view, it's a little more objective," said Sgt. Paul Thompson of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police.

"Everybody knows what he was out to do, considering everything that was in the van. Who knows what he would have done to them." said Mara's father.

Police and prosecutors have some time to make up their minds. Baez is being held without bail on an old drunk driving charge from Hamilton County. But there is another possibility, since police haven't been able to determine that Baez is a legal US resident, he may ultimately be a candidate for deportation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Doing jobs Americans will not do...

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Are you watching this crap king george

This is why true americans are up in arms.... Are you watching this crap king george. It's all happening on your watch

You authorized this; you pander to special interests group and big business that want these illegals

"Does anyone know what all is in the Presidents job description or what ever you call it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm book marking this one for my Mom, she doesn't believe me when I tell her stuff like this!