Thread: Children of men

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Children of men

I just saw this movie yesterday and was very disappointed. I am a big fan of Sci-Fi/Doomsday movies and was hoping for something like that (since that's more or less how it was shown in the commercials.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop;_ylt=AvIGy ... 1808715896

However upon watching the movie it seemed that the whole end of the world theme was secondary to a somewhat left leaning anti-immigration control message. This message was so obvious I found I had trouble trying to just enjoy the movie. The movie seems to portray the British government as being evil because they are attempting to control illegal immigration
    I don't know if maybe I'm just reading to much into this or if anyone else saw the movie. Anyways let me know what you think.

It is obvious that even Hollywood an agenda and I am so sick of it..
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Nadys,

I saw the movie this past weekend. I agree 100%. I was completely disappointed by the clear political message that anyone that wants to round up illegal aliens is a Fascist. The issue was so blatantly mischaracterized in this film it destroyed any ability for the film to even be entertaining for me.

I think this film is a British production.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, it was a British production but the director of the movie is a Mexican (Alfonso Cuaron) ..what a surprise, isn't it?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy