Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Children's book called 'anti-immigration'

Children's book called 'anti-immigration'

http://www.washingtontimes.com/upi/2006 ... -2551r.htm

Nov. 27, 2006 at 2:40PM

A New York judge denies he's making an anti-immigration statement in his illustrated children's book about a greenhouse overrun by dandelions.
    Critics of "Hot House Flowers" contend the tale of dandelions killing off beautiful flowers is a thinly-veiled anti-immigration screed, The New York Daily News reports.
    Author John Wilson, a Brooklyn criminal court judge, says the critics are wrong about the focus of his book.
    "It's intended to describe defense of home and defense of country and the reasons for that defense," says Wilson, who published the book himself.
    Wilson says he was inspired to write it because he couldn't find a book for his 4-year-old son that discussed big issues in a way a child could understand.
    "Hot House Flowers" tells of jealous weeds that hog all the water and soil in the greenhouse while the other flowers remain silent because they don't want to appear intolerant.
    "They shouldn't call me anti-immigration, because I'm not," Wilson says. "But illegal immigration is making a mockery of the rule of law."

Looks like the Judge is being attacked for his book on Amazon and could use some friendly force posts.

Anyone willing to go help him out?

http://link.toolbot.com/amazon.com/25452

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like this judge. He said:

"They shouldn't call me anti-immigration, because I'm not," Wilson says. "But illegal immigration is making a mockery of the rule of law."
    Ain't that the truth? A judge with common sense. There's hope yet.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some people are ultra-sensitive, geez!

http://news.bostonherald.com/national/v ... eid=169309

Brooklyn judge pens kids’ book about unchecked immigration
    By Associated Press
    Monday, November 27, 2006 - Updated: 02:26 PM EST

NEW YORK - Unhappy with the children’s books on the market, a Brooklyn criminal court judge has written a picture book that uses a horticultural metaphor to deplore the perils of unchecked immigration.

In “The Hot House Flowers,” self-published by Judge John H. Wilson, an envious dandelion releases her seeds into a hothouse, where they grow and eventually use up so much water and food that there’s none left for the plants that were already there.

In the end, the master of the hothouse - clearly standing for God - removes the dandelions, and when the original dandelion tries to send more seeds in, the hothouse flowers trample the seeds so they can’t grow.

“I didn’t like a lot of the children’s literature that I’ve seen,” Wilson said Monday. “I really wanted to have something that discusses values that I think parents should want to convey to their children.”

An advocate for immigrants called the book troubling, while a spokesman for the Minuteman Project, a volunteer border patrol group, praised it.

“I think it’s irresponsible for someone to write a children’s book like this - one that poisons the minds of impressionable young readers with the idea that immigrants are to blame for the world’s ills,” said Norman Eng, a spokesman for the New York Immigration Coalition. “Children are not in a position to see through the bias conveyed in this story.”

But Tim Bueler, a spokesman for the Minuteman Project, said the book “gives a great insight to children and families on the issue of illegal immigration.”

Wilson, a Conservative Party member who was originally elected as a civil court judge in the Bronx in 2004, said his own 4-year-old son likes the book.

“He’s getting the idea of the story, that you have to defend your home, you have to defend your country,” Wilson said.

An ethics panel ruled in 1999 that New York state judges are allowed to write fiction as long as they don’t use their judicial position to promote it.

Wilson said the rules would not allow him to publish a nonfiction book about immigration.

“Judges can’t make comments on topics that might appear before them,” he said. “I’m not commenting on any topic. This is not a political work.”

“The Hot House Flowers” has been on Amazon since Nov. 6, Wilson said. It is priced at $15.99.

Wilson said an unspecified portion of the proceeds from the book would benefit a scholarship fund set up at Pace University School of Law to honor Lance Cpl. Michael Glover, who was killed in Iraq in August while on leave from the school.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Children's book called "anti-immigration"

Ordered it for a Christmas gift for my grandson. Glad that part of price is going to fund for a true American soldier. Can't comment on text until I read it - but very invigorated that there is finally a book that tells the truth and not the propagando generated by "pro-illegal racists.

I'm going to buy this book. I want to add my support to this guy.

By the way, anyone seen or heard of "The Little Red Hen" being read in public schools?
    This story of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is NOT politically correct!

Guess I'll have to throw out my kids books where dishonest
    behavior is condemned.