Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

China advances on U.S. trucking

China advances on U.S. trucking
    'The bigger question is why are we doing business with a communist-based country'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 30, 2008
    11:20 pm Eastern
    By Michael Howe
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

China is advancing quickly on the U.S. trucking industry with its dominating presence at the world's largest trucking trade show, held this weekend in Louisville, Ky. Signs were posted identifying exhibits run by between 120 and 140 individuals as representatives of some 40 Chinese companies at this year's Mid-America Trucking Show.

"What we are seeing is a manifestation of the Pacific Rim Market. But their products are inferior and do not hold up. They are cheaper, but the quality is not there," Collin Genge, an American truck driver for Bay Area Transport, said.

It is more than just inferior products that bothers Genge.

"The bigger question is why are we doing business with a communist-based country with such human rights violations and basic disregard for labor rights," he wonders.

While the Chinese booths sit empty much of the time, there is the occasional contanct. Kevin Hu is a manager for Shenzhen BYF Semi-trailer Parts from South ShenZhen China. He says the trip was well worth it.

"We are here to make contacts so we can compete on the global market," he told WND.

Elin Zhang, sales manager for Yonglitai Axle Co. from Foshan, Guangdong, China, agreed.

"We want to meet customers here," he said.

That, however, wasn't an easy task.

With signs and propaganda material displaying both English language text and Chinese characters, the vendors struggled with the English language.

Daniel Teed is a manager for URO Systems in Meadville, Pa.

"I have watched the Chinese vendors try to communicate with potential customers, and I have tried to visit with them too, but there is an obvious language barrier. Several just point at the brochures," he said.

Teed told WND that he does not mind competition, but it is not fair competition.

"The Chinese government probably subsidized their trip. No one subsidized mine. We simply are not on a competitive playing field when it comes to labor costs, environmental regulations, or government support," said Teed.

Angela and Don Ring are team drivers for Landstar Transportation. The Rings, who have been driving for about 35 years, asked, "Why are they here. We have enough problems in our country with the economy today. Why would we want to outsource more when we need jobs for Americans?"

In addition to displaying Chinese products, members of the entourage are taking photos and videos of other products, and are even attempting to take over certain products supply lines.

Performance Diesel Inc. was approached by Chinese vendors who wanted to manufacture the PDI manifold in China at a lesser cost.

Jerad Wittwer, president of PDI, told WND, "They did come over to my booth and looked at our product. They offered to manufacture my product in China at a cheaper rate, but I told them thanks, but no thanks."

"The quality would not match what I do, and that is what I sell – perfection and good quality. Sometimes it is best to sell quality, not price. Besides, what is the benefit to the United States if we start to manufacture everything elsewhere," asked Wittwer.

Teed told WND several Chinese vendors visited his booth and took pictures and videos of his products. "It just makes me wonder what they are really doing over here," said Teed.

Genge, who has driven for 37 years, has a theory.

"As you watch them walk around and take photos and videos of the other products, I would bet money that in the next year or two we will see more Chinese vendors with more products similar to the ones offered at the show. This trip, for them, is about taking over the industry," he said.

More than 1,150 exhibitors were at the show, and the Chinese delegation featured everything from truck seats to rubber hoses, camshafts to shocks, oil filters to wheels, and brakes to various steel parts.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=60303
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    'The bigger question is why are we doing business with a communist-based country'
    Because, thanks to Bush, China owns us.

The American Truck driver gets it and speaks the truth of China's tactic's to take over that market . He's dam sure to wise and honest to be in American politics . Only friend he would have , Dr.Paul and maybe Rep.Hunter .
    Dubya & Cheney who now have moved their money out of the U.S market, Get a rush every time the word China is spoke . It's like brain washing it's so bad with them .
    moral of the story : U.S trucking companys will buy the China junk . Peterbilt , KW etc will go down and the union busted . All while we sit and watch . Eyes wide shut . Thats the U.S motto i think
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

MW
    tencs57 wrote:

The American Truck driver gets it and speaks the truth of China's tactic's to take over that market . He's dam sure to wise and honest to be in American politics . Only friend he would have , Dr.Paul and maybe Rep.Hunter .
    Rep. Hunter for sure, but Ron Paul?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks Bush,just another reason Bush should be in prison for treason.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    tencs57 wrote:

Rep. Hunter for sure, but Ron Paul?
    Why would Dr.Paul confuss you ? He's a very honest man with American principals . I didn't say vote for him. But i think now i would vote him in . Our government is so bad we need some major house cleaning . And it can't get any worst than a busted dollar by pure Greed
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*