Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Chipotle Workers Fired over Immigration Status Sue

Chipotle Workers Fired over Immigration Status Sue for Backpay
    By Elizabeth Llorente

Published February 09, 2011

AP

Fired Chipotle workers are suing the chain for backpay. Chipotle says the lawsuit is baseless.
    Two former employees of Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants in Minnesota have filed a lawsuit claiming that the chain failed to pay them wages in a timely fashion.

The workers, who were among hundreds who were fired by the Chipotle chain after an immigration audit raised questions about their immigration status, are seeking class action status.

The lawsuit says that Chipotle did not comply with Minnesota state law when it did not immediately give them their earned compensation upon their dismissal.

The workers are identified in the lawsuit, filed in Hennepin County Court, as Tanya Cortes and Alejandro Juárez, according to the Pioneer Press.

Chipotle’s communications director, Chris Arnold, denied the accusations.

Related Links
    Chipotle Mulls Over Use of E-Verify for Immigration Status after Minnesota“That simply isn’t true,â€

Re: Chipotle Workers Fired over Immigration Status Sue

Ah Right!

I hope Chipoltle gets there &ss kicked by the audit process on this one. My wife and I would go to the restaurant on occasion for the mexican atmosphere (not) but not since all of this has happened. I liked the food but not if they are hiring illegals. To hell with them.

The mexicans suing are idiots - dah, I am an illegal alien but feel the need to expose my self even further to deportation.

Look at some of the comments for the acticle at the website. Not much sympathy for illegals.

A Storm is Brewing!

Enforce our laws and Keep up the good work ICE. I have to research how to send a thank you letter to ICE.

Now for McDs - all the mexicans in my local restaurant are mostly gone and young teenagers are working the counter. I wonder what happened but I hope it continues!

E-verify - use it for every new hire employee and stop the race card crap.

Regards.

Banned
    This is kind of fun
    Use the pro-amnesty SEIU link to send a Fax for free

http:// action.seiu.org/page/speakout/dhsrequest4herta?js=false

Make sure and change subject and give it you'r all!
    My message:
    To [edit] Dept. of Homeland Security, U. S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement

NOTE: Each recipient will only see his/her own email address.
    Subject [edit] Keep up the great work,Secure Arrest, and deport!
    Message [edit] I'm writing to ask Dept. of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Assistant Secretary for ICE John Morton, and acting ICE field officer Rebecca Adducci: I am thrilled that the atrocity that plagues our America "Illegal immigration" is being strictly addressed.
    Please continue workforce raids, arrests, prosecution, incarceration, and deportation of illegal aliens and criminally prosecute all those that encourage lawlessness.
    The American People Thank you.

Sincerely, xxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Mod Edit/disabled link/RB)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    This is kind of fun
    Use the pro-amnesty SEIU link to send a Fax for free

http:// action.seiu.org/page/speakout/dhsrequest4herta?js=false

Make sure and change subject and give it you'r all!
    My message:
    To [edit] Dept. of Homeland Security, U. S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement

NOTE: Each recipient will only see his/her own email address.
    Subject [edit] Keep up the great work,Secure Arrest, and deport!
    Message [edit] I'm writing to ask Dept. of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Assistant Secretary for ICE John Morton, and acting ICE field officer Rebecca Adducci: I am thrilled that the atrocity that plagues our America "Illegal immigration" is being strictly addressed.
    Please continue workforce raids, arrests, prosecution, incarceration, and deportation of illegal aliens and criminally prosecute all those that encourage lawlessness.
    The American People Thank you.

Sincerely, xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I sent one..

I find it amusing that illegal invaders seemingly have no problems finding their way to the court house steps when they feel "wronged" by a former employer. I guess usurping American jobs with stolen social security cards and then suing companies when they have been maltreated is proper justice for those companies who use illegal invaders as their modern day slave labor. They deserve each other.

Anyone who claims illegal invaders are living "beneath the shadows" is a Liar!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As it has previously been brought to the attention of Alipac many of the Fax Lines used by both sides of the argument are automatically registered as being for the position of the sending party we disable such links. Your intention is admirable but the results could be against us. Please keep this in mind in the future.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    As it has previously been brought to the attention of Alipac many of the Fax Lines used by both sides of the argument are automatically registered as being for the position of the sending party we disable such links. Your intention is admirable but the results could be against us. Please keep this in mind in the future.
    Exactly. Never use the oppositions fax lines. The opposition doesn't just send a blanket fax with whatever you put on it. There will always be some pro illegal alien stuff on it or even what you wrote may be cleared out and your name attached to their own letter.

Just a bad idea but good intentions.

Banned
    Thanks for the heads up, I been using the pro-illegals tools
    for a long time.
    Even had a few responses to my opine using them.
    I like to fight my fight from the inside out sometimes.
    In the future I will keep it to my self.
    Thank you again and yes careful is important.

Banned
    "Enforce our laws and Keep up the good work ICE. I have to research how to send a thank you letter to ICE."

http://www.ice.gov/contact/

Contact Leadership
    To contact ICE leadership, please write to

Director John Morton
    U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    500 12th St., SW
    Washington, D.C. 20536

To contact DHS leadership, please write to

Secretary Janet Napolitano
    Department of Homeland Security
    Washington, D.C. 20528

ICE probes Chipotle restaurants in Woodbridge, Manassas

PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va. --

Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. has received U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement notices of inspection for all of its restaurants in Washington, D.C. and Virginia.

According to company spokesman Chris Arnold, there are approximately 60 restaurants affected by the investigation, including locations in Woodbridge and Manassas. Arnold said the notices were received within the past couple of weeks.

The notice means Chipotle must prove all employees are eligible for employment in the U.S.

A popular national burrito chain, Chipotle started in Denver in 1993 and now has 59 restaurants in the D.C. metro area. Each location employs approximately 25 individuals.

Immigration reform is a hot topic in the nation and sweeps like this are not uncommon. Last year, ICE inspections of the restaurant chain's Minnesota employees resulted in dismissals of workers whose documents to prove eligibility for legal employment in the United States could not be verified.

Arnold declined to say how many Minnesota workers were fired but said Chipotle is one of many businesses that have been targeted by the current administration.

“This is part of a much broader ICE effort that goes well beyond Chipotle,â€