Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Citizenship Coordinator Arrested for Theft

Citizenship coordinator arrested for theft, unauthorized practice of law

Milpitas Post Staff
    Posted: 01/02/2009 03:20:02 PM PST

Jose Mario Campos, a 66-year-old San Jose resident, was arrested last week on four counts of grand theft, one count of theft from an elder, and one count of unauthorized practice of law.

Jose Mario Campos worked as a citizenship coordinator for Sacred Heart Community Services of San Jose, a charitable organization. His job at Sacred Heart, a non-profit organization, was to assist clients in filling out citizenship and immigration documents, free of charge. It is against Sacred Heart's policy to collect monies from their clients for any purpose, including fees charged by Citizenship and Immigration Services.

It is alleged that, against Sacred Heart's policy, Campos fraudulently collected thousands of dollars in application fees and donations from Spanish speaking clients who were attempting to become U.S. citizens.

He pocketed clients' monies and failed to file their immigration forms or pay any of the fees charged by federal immigration agencies or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. He told some of them that he was a lawyer, while he told others that he would obtain a lawyer for them.

When clients questioned Campos about the status of their applications, he would mislead them by assuring them that their matters were in progress or that new forms were necessary, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.

If convicted, Campos faces up to six years in state prison. He was scheduled for arraignment yesterday. Those who
    believe they were victimized by Campos can contact Gary Medlin of the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office at 792-2917.

http://www.themilpitaspost.com/news/ci_11357266
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even if they were biulked out of money what gives them any rights in The USA they seem to be here illegally.. ! ! ! Deprot now

Two wrongs never make a right, so I am glad this man got caught. When you are a criminal, you tend to associate with criminals. I hope that those who were going for citizenship (assuming that they are legal since one qualification for citizenship is legally being in this country for X number of years) will get their money back. Those here illegally attempting to get legal immigration papers should be deported.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When you have the fox guarding the hen house what do you expect? Funny how so many of these inside workers are hispanic, helping just hispanics get in here by hook or crook and ripping off thier own people along the way, while calling us names and saying how evil we are for wanting our laws enforced.......I'd be more afraid of my own if I knew I couldn't trust them to guide me in a legal manner. Being in the same group (race, ethnic, sex, relegion etc.) doesn't mean there's not some bad players amongst them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is against Sacred Heart's policy to collect monies from their clients for any purpose, including fees charged by Citizenship and Immigration Services.
    Why wouldn't the immigrant be charged the fees required by Citizenship and Immigration Services? To have a facility like that, apparently geared to serving one specific group of people seems just as racist and discriminating as saying we only allow the rich to immigrate here or only white people or something. Why would they receive services not offered to others ? To me that's almost like saying we'll fill out your tax forms and pay your tax bill if you have one....you know, as a non-profit organization....for just Irish people.

To me that's almost like saying we'll fill out your tax forms and pay your tax bill if you have one....you know, as a non-profit organization....for just Irish people. Rolling Eyes
    Is there such a place? I would LOVE an Irish non-profit to pay our taxes, then I could take the money saved and donate it to fight illegal immigration
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)