Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Citizenship, green card fees to double, triple July 30

Citizenship, green card fees to double, triple July 30

Associated Press - May 29, 2007 7:25 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) - Immigration officials said today they will proceed with plans to double the cost of applying to become a US citizen and triple the fee for seeking legal permanent residency.

The fee increases will take effect July 30th. Citizenship fees will rise from $$330 to $$595, plus $$80 for required electronic fingerprints, an increase of $$10. For legal permanent residency and fingerprints the cost will be 1,000, $$10 for those over 14. The cost now is $$325.

Officials with Citizenship and Immigration Services, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, says the increases are needed to improve service, hire 1,500 workers, improve offices, equipment and systems to process applications.

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=6583473
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Of course... The American people can pay and pay.....We should stop paying for everything and see how they like that..
    That's also a slap in the face of how many people are trying to do things right. I became a citizen last year and I had to pay a lot of money since the day I came legally to this country.... Shame on the Government!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy