Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Citizenship and Immigration Services Chief to Resign

Citizenship and Immigration Services Chief to Resign
    Thursday, March 13, 2008

WASHINGTON — The head of the Homeland Security agency that ushers in new citizens is leaving the job.

Emilio Gonzalez is the director of Citizenship and Immigration Services. He told some staffers Wednesday of his departure and was announcing it to all employees Thursday morning.

Gonzalez's resignation will be effective April 18. He is leaving just a few months after his agency drastically increased the fees it charges immigrants to apply for citizenship and other immigration benefits.

That increase triggered record-setting applications last year that deluged the agency. Many immigrants won't become citizens in time to vote in November's elections.

Gonzalez said he has been working in Washington and living in Miami since 1999.

Gonzalez said his departure is unrelated to criticism of the fee increase and the delays in processing citizenship fees in an election year. Some groups and lawmakers have said the agency should have been better prepared for the jump in applications that preceded the hike in fees.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337 ... mmigration

Now's the chance to get someone capable.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Maybe someone unbiased and fair and concerned about THIS country!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Citizenship

Are you kidding? His replacement will be someone who will rubber stamp the applications and eliminate the backlogs so more immigrants can vote in time for 08 election.
    A representative of La Raza perhaps?

Was he an immigrant or his mommy and daddy? You know, only in America can the wolves watch the chickens.

I don't trust the ICE or INS when the employees are hired on the border cities (do they really want to keep others out) or were immigrants themselves....that may not be fair...but I just think something is not right about it...

Wouldn't you know he would have the name of gonzalez.

I guess the next one will be a lopez or guitterez or some such name.

I hate to be this way, but I will never again vote for anyone with a hispanic sounding name.

Bless you for your honesty...once burned twice shy.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!