Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

City manager tells candidate: Bonita can’t control illegal

City manager tells candidate: Bonita can’t control illegal immigration

By BRAD KANE

Bonita Springs legally can’t do anything about illegal immigration and can’t financially support doing anything that would help with the problem in the city.

This was the message from City Manager Gary Price to mayoral candidate Michael Fulker about some of the things Fulker has been saying during his campaign.

“His big thing was that I am doing a disservice to the people of Bonita Springs, and that just kills me,â€

I totally disagree with the position this City Manager has taken. Every community can do something about illegal aliens in their community or passing through their community. It takes the cooperation of the City Council, Police, Country authorities, City authorities & all other in responsible positions.
    The problem is, all seem to want to say "only" the federal government can act. While city or county officials cannot deport & perhaps cannot legally detain for ICE pickup, they can place other significant roadblocks up to discourage illegal aliens moving through their communities & to make sure illegal aliens already here communicate back to their home countries that they had better not come because the situation is not good for them here.
    Benefits, in state tuition, jobs, housing, loans, and other enabling factors is why many are here. Take these away, & many will leave. Take these away everywhere & many will self deport to their home countries. But to say "we can't do anything, its all the Fed's responsibility," is simply disingenuous & an abdication of responsibility because they are afraid to make waves or to take any actions.
    That attitude is "EXACTLY" why we are in the position we are today. We must deal with this headon! Had they acted sooner & with more assertive actions to discourage illegal aliens from coming, there would be fewer to have to encourage to leave now!
    "Its not my job," is the bain of man's existence!
    <a href>http://www.alipac.us/</a>

[quote] He wants to address the indirect issues related to illegal immigration that contribute to problems on Old 41 Road like prostitution houses, drunkness and overcrowding. His plan is more to increase law enforcement personnel in that area to deal with the problems.

“We have some of those ordinances in place, we just don’t have the manpower to enforce them,â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I used to live in Bonita Springs, that is until the crime wave started picking up in Ft Myers and Bonita..... I got the hell out.

You all need to understand this is all about Money and control of cheap labor in Florida

The fight to eliminate Illegal Immigrants in South West Florida is going to be fierce.... thats because of the people with money like the cheap slave labor and huge profits
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don’t ya just love the no money to fix the problem and the can’t do it attitude when they don’t want to admit the problem exists.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Bonita Springs FL residents -- vote for FULKER!

Thanks for posting this article on the mayoral candidates for Bonita Springs, FL, where I live. A friend of mine recently caught the current mayor, Mayor Arend in a parking lot and confronted him on the illegal immigration problem that is out of control in Bonita Springs and spoke exactly like the city manager did -- a bunch of bullcrap! He stated that the city couldn't "legally" do anything about the illegals, that it's a federal problem. Well guess what, I disagree and I offer a few solutions of getting around these hacks who refuse to listen to the people and do their jobs! Everyone pretty much knows where most illegals live -- they all live together crowded into one house and pretty much take over the entire neighborhood. I drive through these neighborhoods during the day (scary even then with me being white) and I quickly note all the junk cars in teh yards (not allowed), unregistered cars (again, not allowed), and all the health and safety issues. I then promptly call the Health Dept. and the Bonita Springs Code Enforcement dept. who can and should issue citations. If they start cracking down this way, the word's going to get around that this is not a friendly welcoming environment for you and hopefully they'll self deport. The cops and everybody knows exactly which neighborhood to look in for ILLEGALS, they just don't do it. That wouldn't be PC!!! I had a similar situation up north where I lived. It was an affluent suburb of Boston that bordered a very bad section of Boston and we used to get what I call "creepin' crud" and it was lowering property values. Because we lived in a very liberal town (didn't know when we bought as I wasn't involved in political issues at the time) they refused to enforce pretty much anything! A lifelong resident of the town, Dick the Dynamo who is now nearly 83 -- he and I drove around the ENTIRE town of 26k residents and noted every junk car, and junk in people's yards. We knew it was predominantly from 75%+ of one side of town, but we knew they'd accuse of being racist and elitists (and they did accuse of being both which was ridiculous). We noted 350 junk cars and called the press to every meeting since Mass. did not allow closed meetings. Guess what -- you're outed and they did a complete turnaround and finally got off their asses and took care of most of the problems. It took us THREE years to get a junk and debris bylaw passed by town meeting, which would prevent people from putting discarded items like indoor sofas on porches, old dryers, refrigerator's, etc. in yards as permanent fixtures! One stuffy Harvard trained lawyer on the planning board said "Some people might consider that to be ART." My response: "Most reasonable people view it as an eyesore and it's junk, which lowers property values." I wrote the bylaw, they fought us on it fo three years, then took credit for it and passed it. Politics 101 -- what a lesson. As long as it was passed I didn't care. People, these are the idiots we have to battle -- we just have to work around them. Call your local zoning/building depts and ask about enforcement. Also the health dept. is a good one, too.

I hear you. The same problem exists in Fort Myers. I’ve been working on trying to find out which park they are using for the free outdoor clinic there in Bonita that was mentioned on NBC-2 News. If I find out where it’s at me and some other patriots plan on doing some photo trips to the area. ICE loves pictures.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!