Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

City OKs relocation funds for tenants, IAs eligible

City OKs relocation funds for tenants

Illegal immigrants would be eligible

By Angela Lau
    STAFF WRITER

July 11, 2008

After a brief hiatus from the limelight, illegal immigration again took center stage with the Escondido City Council.

This time, the debate focused on an estimated $1.8 million in relocation benefits that would be paid to tenants of Elder Place, a blighted, low-income apartment complex, part of which is scheduled for demolition.

It is not known how many undocumented immigrants live at Elder Place, but a relocation survey conducted in April showed that a significant number of its residents are day laborers.

All 244 residents in 38 households are Latino, and 12 households speak only Spanish. Some apartments have eight to 11 people living in them, the survey reported.

Come demolition time, all residents who can prove they have lived at Elder Place for 90 days before their buildings were purchased, regardless of immigration status, will be eligible for relocation benefits.

They include moving expenses and rental assistance, such as the first month's rent and security deposit for a new apartment.

The city expects that all 244 residents will have to be relocated eventually to make way for redevelopment and that it will spend $1.8 million in assistance, city officials said.

At the council meeting Wednesday, Vince McCaw, the city's San Diego-based relocation consultant, told the council that overcrowded households can be moved to larger apartments or split into different apartments.

That's when council members Sam Abed, Ed Gallo and Marie Waldron questioned why undocumented immigrants are entitled to such benefits.

“It's too bad we're spending $1.8 million,â€

State laws require all residents who are displaced to be given relocation assistance.
    This state law violates federal law concerning aiding, abetting and harboring illegal aliens. When state and federal law conflicts, federal law reigns supreme.

The only relocation assistance illegal aliens should receive is deportaton.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Elder Place, located in Mission Park, the city's poorest neighborhood, has long been an eyesore plagued by neglect, gang crimes, overcrowding and frequent tenant turnover

And they can bank on every neighborhood where the IAs relocate to turn into the same thing.

The neighborhood I live in, including the manufactured home development I manage, used to be really nice too. That is....until the resident base became 98% illegal alien and they brought their "culture" with them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All 244 residents in 38 households are Latino, and 12 households speak only Spanish. Some apartments have eight to 11 people living in them, the survey reported.

Come demolition time, all residents who can prove they have lived at Elder Place for 90 days before their buildings were purchased, regardless of immigration status, will be eligible for relocation benefits.

They include moving expenses and rental assistance, such as the first month's rent and security deposit for a new apartment.
    Bloody ridiculous. Here's an idea, just call ICE and they can provide these ILLEGAL ALIENS with a place to stay until they can be relocated, BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRIES!!

8 to 11 people per unit? No doubt one or two bedroom apartments. And day laborers to boot? Taxpayers required to foot the bill to move and then establish illegal alien day laborers into new homes? I wonder how they can determine if they had really been there for 90 days. Maybe they called up their wives and relatives from Mexico, saying, "hey mamasita, get on up here to Escondido, the estupido gringos are going to pay to move us to new casas. The more people we have living here the more money we get to move into a bigger place."

This is total insanity. Moving expenses, first month's rent, security deposits for law breaking invaders. And according to some people, it was the residents themselves who made the places into decrepit barrios. So, illegal aliens move into a complex, they jam it full of more illegals, they trash and destroy the place and then the taxpayers have to pay to find them new places to overpack and destroy all over again. Sheer genius.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

The taxpayers of Escondido should be screaming at the top of their lungs about this waste of money and violation of federal laws!
    "

Every time I think i've heard it all they just keep on amazing me....well evidently the taxpayers there don't give a hoot.....if it was here I would be screaming my head off!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Does this %$# ever end!

That's when council members Sam Abed, Ed Gallo and Marie Waldron questioned why undocumented immigrants are entitled to such benefits.
    Why didn't you stick with your principles Abed and Gallo!! Marie Waldron at least stuck to her principles and voted against this lunacy.

Essentially what is going to happen here is they are going to spend close to two million dollars to relocate these peole so as the same blight can reinvent itself somewhere else within the community!

(snip)

Elder Place, located in Mission Park, the city's poorest neighborhood, has long been an eyesore plagued by neglect, gang crimes, overcrowding and frequent tenant turnover.
    This place 'has long been an eyesore plagued by neglect, gang crimes, overcrowding...'. And every single last person living there is a Mexican...err, I mean .. a Latino. I am shocked. Who would've guessed? And a North County Times news story says that according to City officials Elder Place "became a haven for gangs many years ago". So taxpayers are not only paying to relocate illegal aliens, but all the gang bangers as well. Who says crime doesn't pay?

And in addition to the relocation costs, the taxpayers will also be paying for the installation of cable TV, utilities and telephone service. In total, they say that each household will get SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS EACH!! SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS EACH!?!?

Hell, why not pay for them to have plasma screen TVs and hot tubs too? Oh wait, I guess for them it would be more like cockfighting rings, pre-primered grafitti walls, shooting ranges and a Mariachi bandstand.

Read the NC Times story:
    www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/07/08/new ... 599653.txt

One smart poster commented: "Federal law prohibits the City from paying relocation assistance to illegal aliens. 8 U.S.C. Section 1621. Aliens who are not qualified aliens or nonimmigrants are ineligible for State and local public benefits"

Too bad the City Council doesn't have the brains to figure this out.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Tell the Escondido city council how you feel:

CityCouncil@escondido.org; lpfeiler@escondido.org; sabed@escondido.org; egallo@escondido.org; mwaldron@escondido.org; ddaniels@escondido.org

Lori Holt Pfeiler, Mayor
    Sam Abed, Mayor Pro Tem
    Ed Gallo, Council Member
    Marie Waldron, Council Member
    Dick Daniels, Council Member

Dear Mayor, and City Council,

A very concerned CITIZEN

[quote]We may be paying some people who are illegal aliens for housing,â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast