Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Civil rights attorney says AZ one of top anti-immigration st

104 comments left so far at the source link.
    ~~~

Civil rights attorney says AZ one of top anti-immigration states
    October 20th, 2008 @ 6:15am
    by Jim Cross/KTAR

A prominent civil rights attorney says Arizona is now one of the top three anti-immigrant states in the nation.

John Trasvina with the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund continues to challenge the state's requirement that voters provide certain ID to prove citizenship and cast a ballot.

"Latino citizens who are voters, who are registered to vote ought to be able to be allowed to vote without unfettered and discriminatory checks," he says.

Trasvina says the sheriff's campaign against illegal immigration goes beyond the bounds of law enforcement and common sense.

"One, MALDEF has a lawsuit dealing with the sheriff's activities. The second is we need a United States Attorney General who will take civil rights seriously. And we haven't had that in the past six or seven years."

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=976789
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is unbelieveable...we have no illegal immigration problem where I live (YET), but when I go to vote I have to show a photo ID, just why is it a civil rights issue with Latinos but not to the rest of us???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"Latino citizens who are voters, who are registered to vote ought to be able to be allowed to vote without unfettered and discriminatory checks," he says.
    What a dumb statement! If I get stopped for a traffic violation or jaywalking, should I also not be subjected to unfettered and discriminatory checks? This smacks of racism, plus a refusal to recognize the current voter fraud, or the difference between legal and illegal immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

John Trasvina with the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund continues to challenge the state's requirement that voters provide certain ID to prove citizenship and cast a ballot.

Consider the source. Trasvina is a MALDEF drone and that's all he does....drone on and on.....and on......with the same old line of crap

There's discrimination, and there's discrimination.....expecting Latinos to follow the law like everybody else does NOT meet the definition.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)