Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duties, Taxes, imposts and exposts were to be levied to pay the debts of the government. This applies to goods crossing national AND state borders.

The only thing I recall which was explicit was they were to be uniformly applied to all states.

Well, it should come up for renewal 2006 or if extended, 2008. We'd have to tell Congress not to grant it again. It sidesteps Congress Constitutional authority to alter trade deals.

Just think, he could begin railroading CAFTA and FTAA through and Congress would be handcuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by America_In_Danger
    Well, it should come up for renewal 2006 or if extended, 2008. We'd have to tell Congress not to grant it again. It sidesteps Congress Constitutional authority to alter trade deals.

Just think, he could begin railroading CAFTA and FTAA through and Congress would be handcuffed.
    I am afraid that is what he might try to do. Impeach King George!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 1070i6eqe::

Above is a link to the Fast Track bill that was passed in 2001.

http://www.house.gov/norwood/issue-trade.shtml

Link to Charles Norwood of GA and his take on the Fast Track and why it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    King George!
    There is some irony there, huh?

It sidesteps Congress Constitutional authority to alter trade deals.

THIS is what I was afraid of!

I had believed it was originally CONGRESS'S authority. Wouldn't this be called an "Un-Constitutional" act?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    King George!
    There is some irony there, huh?
    Extremely ironic. Read the Declaration of Independence and you will see some things that seem to be happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

I had believed it was originally CONGRESS'S authority. Wouldn't this be called an "Un-Constitutional" act?

You would think, but they passed the Patriot Act without reading it , so……..
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

King Jorge don't need no stinking constitution.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BLAME CONGRESS!! They're the COWARDS and CULPRITS that have allowed this crap for decades!

CONGESS holds the keys
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NAFTA

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    It amazes me the same lies that were used to pass NAFTA are now being used to try to pass CAFTA. The last couple of days I saw European countries like France, Germany and now the Dutch people will soundly reject the EU treaty. They were smart enough to not get sucked into the NWO. They were allowed to vote on it. It is a disgrace that the American people aren't being allowed to voice their opinion and are kept from having a say so in this debate, much the same way as illegal immigration. Everyone knows that NAFTA was a disaster and yet Bush is pushing hard for a trade agreement that is actually worse. He knows he can't get his amnesty past so he's trying to push this through without the public knowing what hit them. This guy is hellbent on appeasing his big business cronies at all cost. He must be stopped and stopped cold. Otherwise you can say goodbye to the middle class of America.

Bush's says this is a good deal for America. No Jorge, it's only good for corporate America. In fact this is even a raw deal for Central America. This is nothing more than a deal where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This is a such a walking violation of workers rights. The only other thing this will ensure is that more citizens will be on the welfare rolls. This is disgusting.
    But haven't you heard. Bush said 'I spoke to the American people and .....'. I don't remember him talking to me about NAFTA, CAFTA or any other AFTA. Did he talk to any of you?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast