Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Clinton says wife would be better president

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cs ... lin05.html

Clinton says wife would be better president

November 5, 2005

JERUSALEM -- Former President Bill Clinton said in an interview Friday that he thinks his wife would do a better job than he did in the nation's highest office.

New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has not said whether she plans to run in 2008. Nonetheless, her husband told Israel's Channel Two television that her experience as first lady would help make her a strong president.

''In some ways, she would be [better] because of what we did together,'' he said from New York. ''First, she has the Senate experience I didn't have. Second, she would have had the eight years in the White House.

''I think she wouldn't make as many mistakes because, you know, we're older and more mature, and she is far more experienced now in all the relevant ways than I was when I took office. So I think in a way she has the best of both worlds.''

Bill Clinton was interviewed on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. He is expected in Israel later this week for the Rabin memorials.

Hillary Clinton, who is running for re-election to the Senate next year, has refused to rule out a 2008 run for the presidency, saying she is concentrating on her current office. Polls show that if she runs for president, she would be the favorite for the Democratic nomination.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

she's all ready been president once we don't want her back in the white house again. I trust her about as much as I do her husband slick willie.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)