Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Clinton Suggests Legalizing Some Immigrants

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/09/nyreg ... oref=login

March 9, 2006
    Clinton Suggests Legalizing Some Immigrants
    By RAYMOND HERNANDEZ
    WASHINGTON, March 8 — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton waded into the contentious issue of immigration on Wednesday, opening the door to the idea of letting some illegal immigrants earn legal status in the United States.

Mrs. Clinton made her remarks as members of Congress found themselves deeply divided over the question of how to deal with the millions of illegal immigrants working in the United States.

In December, the Republican-led House passed one of the toughest border security bills in more than a decade, seeking to make it a federal crime to live in the United States illegally. The legislation would turn millions of immigrants into felons who would be ineligible to win any legal status.

The bill was approved over the objections of some business leaders and moderate Republicans, who support President Bush's drive for a comprehensive plan that would grant millions of illegal immigrants already in the United States a right to work here temporarily. The Senate has yet to settle on its own plan to address the issue.

Currently, living in this country without a document like a visa or a green card is a violation of civil immigration law, not criminal law.

In a letter to constituents, Senator Clinton, who has largely steered clear of the debate until now, criticized the bill passed in the House, saying it would "target and criminalize the undocumented and punish those who would provide them with humanitarian assistance."

Mrs. Clinton, who is up for re-election this year in New York, was referring to a provision in the House bill that would make it a federal crime to offer services or assistance to illegal immigrants. Churches, social service agencies and immigration groups across the country have sharply criticized that provision.

In her letter, Senator Clinton did not propose specific legislation to deal with the issue of illegal immigrants working in this country. But she did say she supported the idea of giving the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants "the opportunity to earn legal status in this country."

Senator Clinton said that national security is being placed at risk because the country has an enormous population of people "we know nothing about."

"The suggestion that enacting stricter and more enforceable deportation laws alone can solve this problem ignores reality," she said in her letter. "This will only force the undocumented deeper underground."

Mrs. Clinton said that although she opposed granting unconditional amnesty to illegal immigrants, the country needed a program that encouraged such people to come forward and identify themselves.

"For those who work hard, pay their taxes, continue to obey the law and demonstrate a commitment to this country, the opportunity to eventually earn citizenship should also be available," she said.

"A program such as this is not a free ride, and it certainly is not for everyone," she continued. "Legal status must be earned, as it was by previous generations of immigrants who became citizens through perseverance and hard work."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And she went to Yale.

And she was First Lady of the United States for 8 years.

And she couldn't even keep up with the illegal activities of her husband.

Total strangers knew more about his activities "in the shadows" and in his "underground" than she did.

She couldn't find illegal aliens in a Home Deport parking lot.

She couldn't even find Bill in the Snack Room of the Oval Office.

How do such people end up in our government as one of the 100 Most Powerful People in the United States?

WAKE UP NEW YORK......

BEFORE YOU END UP PART OF QUEBEC!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bill Clinton should be more concerned with his public image than he is with legalizing illegal aliens. Bad boy! Bad boy! If there is anyone worse than Clinton check out a google search on Southern Poverty Law Center's own Morris Dees. (NOTE: It's been months but I more than once did a google search on the words morris dees + divorce). This scumbucket actually makes Clinton look like a BOY SCOUT. Go figure!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

"The suggestion that enacting stricter and more enforceable deportation laws alone can solve this problem ignores reality," she said in her letter. "This will only force the undocumented deeper underground."
    They're not underground in North Carolina, they're everywhere you look.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Illegal aliesn are not in the shadows and they are not in any "underground".

Here, they are at Golden Corral...every single day.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    They're not underground in North Carolina, they're everywhere you look.
    I live in North Carolina too and I can definitely tell that illegal aliens are not living underground. I see them everywhere I go whether the local public schools, the local government office, grocery stores, etc. I've lived in NC since 1985 and every year the hispanic population grows especially in the past five years or so. How can I tell? Well, I cannot for certain know who is legal or illegal, but when I often here in the media and elsewhere that the majority of the hispanics in NC are here illegally, well, I can put two and two together plus I often see young hispanic women pregnant and/or with two or more very young children in tow. I also have friends who work for or know those who do in occupations such as nursing, welfare, public education and the like who know what is going on with welfare fraud and the lack of screening for US citizenship.

Deport them all now, including their anchor babies! I hear in the news and through personal stories that local hospitals in my area of NC are overcrowded with pregnant latinas as well as uninsured hispanics who use them as medical clinics because they do not have health insurance through the cheap corporations who hire them at slave wages then pass on the welfare costs to US taxpayers such as Medicaid and higher costs and insurance premiums.

Vicente Fox, that adulterous husband of his first wife whom he left for Marta the Ho and she her long time husband for scumbag Fox, needs to tax himself and his other elite wealthy Mexican friends more and stop pawning his/their problems and burdens onto middle class and poor US citizen taxpayers. Foxy is also a bullfighting enthusiast. Not only watching but participating at least in his younger years and I've read online that he has his very own private ranch and bullfighting ring too. Shame and dam* you, Foxy you jerk and we all know you have Jorge Bush's approval to drain the money from middle class and poor Americans. You SUCK Fox scumbag! You are/were an adulterer - same thing in the eyes of God regardless of timing; you are cruel to animals; and you are a rich parasitic freeloader who refuses to take responsibility for lifting the people you were elected to represent in your country out of corruption and poverty. I guess the easy life must be really easy especially for a scumbag such as yourself who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and never had to work a REAL JOB in his life.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

"Deport them now all of them including the anchor babies"

Hear! Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    "Deport them now all of them including the anchor babies"

Hear! Hear!

I say! I say!

"This will only force the undocumented deeper underground."
    If only that were true. But if they couldn't get any services maybe they will get the hint that they aren't wanted, needed, or appreciated here!

The bill was approved over the objections of some business leaders and moderate Republicans, who support President Bush's drive for a comprehensive plan that would grant millions of illegal immigrants already in the United States a right to work here temporarily.
    Sure, temporarily. Wasn't that the deal with those people from El Salvadore that we can't get rid of? They were here Temporarily? I'm sure these people who are already here illegally are just going to stay temporarily, aren't you? That will be around the same time when donkeys fly, I suppose.

I get so sick of these people with their brilliant ideas. They don't even understand human nature, much less the laws of the country they are supposed to be governing. Jeepers!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)