Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Clinton vows to block bill criminalizing illegal immigrants

http://www.newsday.com

Clinton vows to block bill criminalizing illegal immigrants

By BETH FOUHY
    AP Political Writer

March 22, 2006, 2:51 PM EST

NEW YORK -- Invoking Biblical themes, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton joined immigration advocates Wednesday to vow and block legislation seeking to criminalize undocumented immigrants.

Clinton, a potential 2008 presidential candidate and relative latecomer to the immigration debate, made her remarks as the Senate prepares to take up the matter next week.

Clinton renewed her pledge to oppose a bill passed in December by the House that would make unlawful presence in the United States _ currently a civil offense _ a felony. The Senate is set to consider a version of that legislation, as well as several other bills seeking to address the seemingly intractable issue of immigration reform.

Surrounded by a multicultural coalition of New York immigration advocates, Clinton blasted the House bill as "mean-spirited" and said it flew in the face of Republicans' stated support for faith and values.

"It is certainly not in keeping with my understanding of the Scriptures," Clinton said, "because this bill would literally criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus himself."

Clinton did not specifically endorse any competing legislation, including a bill co-authored by Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and another by Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), saying she hoped the Senate Judiciary Committee would produce a compromise incorporating the best elements of all the bills and would remove the harsh penalties contained in the House measure.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) has said the Senate will take up his proposal to tighten borders and punish employers who hire illegal immigrants if the Judiciary Committee doesn't complete a broader bill by next week.

Among other things, Clinton said she would support legislation that would strengthen U.S. borders, boost technology to secure the borders, and seek greater cross-border cooperation with Mexico and other neighboring countries.

She also called for new enforcement laws, including penalties for employers who exploit illegal immigrants, as well as a system to allow the roughly 11 million illegal immigrants currently living in the United States to earn their citizenship.

Clinton expressed sympathy to representatives of communities along the U.S.-Mexico border that are frustrated by the stress of providing social services to large numbers of undocumented immigrants. But she also said she hoped to send a message that supporters of punitive immigration policy faced significant political risk for doing so.

"We want the outcome to be that they're on the wrong side of the politics as well as the wrong side of history and American values," she said.

President Bush has argued for a guest worker program that would allow undocumented immigrants already in the United States to keep their jobs for up to six years. The effort hasn't gained much momentum, partly due to fierce resistance from others within the GOP.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"It is certainly not in keeping with my understanding of the Scriptures," Clinton said, "because this bill would literally criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus himself."
    I guess you skipped the part in the scriptures where it says that you should obey the laws of the land. Oh and in the ten commandments one of them says thou shalt not trespass. I guess Hitlery only reads the parts that she can twist around to suit her agenda.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What makes her think she's so important that anyone will listen to her? Here we have a lady with a husband who made a horse's petutie out of himself because he couldn't keep his pants zipped and now she turns into Adolf Jr. threatening us. How quaint. I hope she eats her wheaties.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that instead of making it a felony which could drag on in the courts for years it should be a summary process with a three week deportation proceeding only appealable from outside of the country.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I think that instead of making it a felony which could drag on in the courts for years it should be a summary process with a three week deportation proceeding only appealable from outside of the country.
    I also have a problem with making it a felony because of the ramifications;
    we'll have to support them in jail.
    I also agree with a quick deportation process, caught today= deported tomorrow, any appeals have to be done from their home country.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Time to Teach Hilliary a lesson.

I've already done the research, and I can get a permit to protest out side of Hilliaries home any time we want it...cost I can absorb, but need some bodies to organize this. The local police chief asked that I give him at least two weeks lead time so that he can organize and arrange the overtime to have police officers at the event. Surely we have some other New York members willing to do this...we could also protest at Bill Clintons place in Harlem on another day, though I would have to check into that as far as knowing what would be required.

Figure we need at least 12-15 people to make a decent protest, so if you are interested, PLEASE drop me a private message here, or you can email me at beltwaypintobean@aol.com
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Since I'm about 2500 miles away, I don't guess I can do that but I think it's a great idea.

Is there any way to make Hillary a felon? How about Mr. Foster? Did she have him bumped off? Is that a felony?

Kennedy is an unprosecuted felon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Matthew 22:17-21
    Jesus said "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is Gods."

Even Jesus knew that we have to follow man's law as well as God''s law.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Did anyone see Harry Reid on CNN? He says other things need done before we close the borders.....I just sent him 3 rude emails.

They need to close this border before they plan anything else. Because they "chew the fat" so long, there will be more illegals crossing while they sit and twiddle their thumbs!

He's the most lilly livered man I've ever seen, wishy-washy slime bag!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Read the writing ON THE WALL...either organize a serious MARCH on Washington, or we get 15-20 million illegal aliens granted citizenship through Amnesty, and even more heading our way through the Guest Worker program...real simple...WHAT IS YOUR WAY OF LIFE WORTH, as the time to choose is NOW UPON US.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast