Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cloaking racism with homeland security

Interesting article, with all the typical OBL stereotypes and lies.
    Don't let Sixx find out this guy is from Texas ...

Here is the link:
    http://www.greenbeam.com/features/weN061305.stm

Todd Davis
    NMPRO editor
    Cloaking racism with homeland security
    Are you prepared for protestors or even race riots in front of your nursery?

Illegal aliens have become a heated topic and the anti-immigration movement is reaching a head. If we're not careful, things could get ugly.

Call me crazy, but what I see thinly veiled under a cloak of homeland security concerns is racism against Latinos. Many argue increased border security is needed to protect us from terrorists, but if you continue to listen to their arguments, their main concern seems to be an influx of Spanish-speaking individuals.

Heard of the Minuteman Project? In April this group organized protests in Arizona and volunteered to help the U.S. Border Patrol spot people illegally coming across the Mexican border. (All these vigilantes really did was get in agents' way and trip their sensors designed to help catch intruders.)

I'm not the first one to accuse the group of hidden racist motives. It talks of our country being, "devoured and plundered by the menace of tens of millions of invading illegal aliens," and says future generations will "inherit a tangle of rancorous, unassimilated, squabbling cultures."

It doesn't sound to me like the group's main concern is al-Qaida smuggling in weapons of mass destruction.

It's everywhere

You hear the same rhetoric from mainstream journalists, too. A respected Dallas-area newspaper columnist and radio personality recently proposed a manhunt to round up the 11 million undocumented immigrants already in this country. He addressed the enormous cost of such a project by saying, "Don't ever tell me government doesn't have enough money."

He then proposed closing the borders to all but U.S. citizens and legal residents for, "a year. Six months. Whatever it takes." Never mind that this would shut down the agriculture and service industries.

He wrapped up his arguments by saying that immigrants of the past (his roots) were somehow better because they came to embrace our culture, history and language. Today's immigrants just come to send cash back across the border.

They come to the United States seeking opportunity and a chance to support their families? For shame.

Be prepared

Growing up in Texas, I remember what the neighbors would call the employees of a nursery down the road. Let's just say it rhymes with "setbacks" and starts with a W.

In the last three decades, use of racial epithets has become less tolerated, and I'm happy to say I haven't heard that term in many years.

But is the heated border issue fanning the flames of racism (at least against Latinos) and making it more acceptable? And if people are willing to protest border patrol stations, will they target employers of Latinos next?

You bet. Minuteman Project leadership has already announced its next projects will be protesting businesses.

Believe me, members of anti-immigrant groups wouldn't care if your employees were U.S. natives, naturalized citizens or immigrants working in the United States under legal means. They'd see brown skin and label you and your company as evil and anti-American.

And if protests start taking place in front of nurseries and other agricultural businesses, are we prepared for it? Can we keep the peace or will violence erupt? How will you protect your loyal employees?

Start preparing now.

Call me crazy
    I could think of other things, but I wont stoop to that level. I don’t care what color their skin is, we need to welcome those immigrants that come here legally and send those who came here illegally packing...
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

he's not just crazy, he is full of buffalo chips.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

duplicate
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Too late Lobo. This fool with this protest in front of daycare, I don't even understand this dribble. His picture tells me he is one of those OBL liberal, single digit, low frequency, ACLU-All Communist Lunatics United, IDIOTS that will be put in Sixx's Reeducation Camp and Home for Wayward Boyz when this is all over.
    William is going to be over arts and crafts. I sure he will find something for this treasonous son of a mother that was not married to do.
    How's that for taking right up to the edge??
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Sixx
    Too late Lobo. This fool with this protest in front of daycare, I don't even understand this dribble. His picture tells me he is one of those OBL liberal, single digit, low frequency, ACLU-All Communist Lunatics United, IDIOTS that will be put in Sixx's Reeducation Camp and Home for Wayward Boyz when this is all over.
    William is going to be over arts and crafts. I sure he will find something for this treasonous son of a mother that was not married to do.
    How's that for taking right up to the edge??
    Is this because he is a senior inmate
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Naw, he needs a day job. He applied and I hired him
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Sixx
    Naw, he needs a day job. He applied and I hired him
    you just an ole push over cowboy