Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO: Another ICE Raid Sparks Talk of Immigration Reform

Another ICE Raid Sparks Talk of Immigration Reform

Last Edited: Tuesday, 17 Apr 2007, 10:07 PM MDT
    Created: Tuesday, 17 Apr 2007, 10:07 PM MDT

DENVER --
    Immigrant rights advocates united in a prayer vigil Tuesday night in Denver after the latest arrests of undocumented immigrants in a workplace raid.

It happened in the San Luis Valley Tuesday morning. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested 19 workers at Worley & McCullough, Inc., a potato farm and processing plant near Monte Vista.

Ten of the immigrants are men, eight are women and one is a boy.

Jordan Garcia of Coloradans for Immigrant Rights says, "These ICE raids have to stop. Children are being terrorized and families ripped apart by these humanitarian offenses." He says, "We need real solutions that will serve our communities, economies and families." The group says comprehensive immigration reform is the answer.

Jeff Copp, ICE spokesman, says "These worksite enforcement actions help reduce the job magnet that encourages aliens to enter the country illegally. Anyone who is in the United States illegally runs the risk of being identified and ultimately deported."

The undocumented immigrants are staying in the Park County jail for the night. Wednesday, they will be transferred to the ICE contract detention facility in Denver. Then, ICE will begin deportation proceedings.

http://link.toolbot.com/myfoxcolorado.com/74953
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Jordan Garcia of Coloradans for Immigrant Rights says, "These ICE raids have to stop.
    MW for legal immigration says, "These ICE raids have got to continue." There, I just canceled out Mr. Garcia's request with one of my own!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

another sixth grade logic failure

Jordan Garcia of Coloradans for Immigrant Rights says, "These ICE raids have to stop. Children are being terrorized and families ripped apart by these humanitarian offenses." He says, "We need real solutions that will serve our communities, economies and families." The group says comprehensive immigration reform is the answer.

The ICE raids will stop when there are no illegals.

I would like to offer another viewpoint Jordan:
    Illegal aliens put themselves and their children at risk when they break the law. You break the law, YOU pay the price, not ME, not MY tax dollars.

Yes, Jordan, you do need real solutions that will serve YOUR communities in YOUR country so YOUR country can give YOU and your children JOBS.

YOUR COUNTRY JORDAN, NOT MINE, NOT MY TAX DOLLARS.

DO I GET A FREE TICKET IN MEXICO? NO, IF I DEMANDED THIS IN MEXICO, I WOULD BE DEPORTED ON THE NEXT PLANE HOME, AND RIGHTFULLY SO!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU DON"T LIKE MY COUNTRY LLLLLEEEEEAAAAAVVVVVEEEE NOW, I'LL EVEN PAY THE BUS FARE.

April
    Jeff Copp, ICE spokesman, says "These worksite enforcement actions help reduce the job magnet that encourages aliens to enter the country illegally. Anyone who is in the United States illegally runs the risk of being identified and ultimately deported."
    Keep up the good work Jeff!

BS Alert going off! Get real Jordan! Ice is doing its job and the solution is deport the illegals! If they did not come across the border legally, THEY do not have the Right to be here!

Go Jeff, Find more and deport them. Don't do the crime if you don't what to do the time. These illegal’s know the risk, they know penalty and now the time has come to face the consequences.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Potato farm employees arrested in immigration raid

Apr 19,2007

DENVER The general manager and two other employees of a southern Colorado potato farm have been charged in an alleged scheme to provide false identification documents to illegal immigrants working on the farm.

A federal magistrate judge unsealed a six-count indictment against the men today -- two days after federal agents raided the farm in Monte Vista and arrested them and 19 illegal immigrants.

All but two of the illegal immigrants are being held in Denver pending deportation. The other two were released so they could arrange child care, but have been ordered to appear before an immigration judge later. Federal immigration authorities say 16 of the immigrants are from Mexico and three are from Guatemala.

Named in the indictment are the Worley and McCullough farm's general manger -- 40-year-old Michael Abeyta, 42-year-old foreman Luis Trujillo and 32-year-old employee Javier Fuentes-Sotelo.

Each of them faces charges of conspiracy, obtaining and possessing false immigration and identification documents and identity theft. Fuentes-Soleto faces additional charges of identity theft and transferring more than four identification documents.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent Jeffrey Copp says authorities began their investigation last May when former employees of the farm complained that illegal immigrants were being given their jobs.

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=6397492&nav=0RbQ
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn