Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO: Cleaning Company Accuses Competitors Of Hiring 'Illegal

Cleaning Company Accuses Competitors Of Hiring 'Illegal Aliens'
    Business Owner Sues For Damages
    Jaclyn Allen, 7NEWS Reporter

POSTED: 9:48 pm MDT May 17, 2010
    UPDATED: 10:51 pm MDT May 17, 2010

BOULDER, Colo. -- A Colorado cleaning company is suing its competitors, claiming they hired illegal immigrants and were able to low-ball bids.

For 15 years, Steve Blacker's janitorial company Dustbusters cleaned Boulder's public library.

A few years ago, though, Longmont-based The Finishing Touch agreed to do it for more than $20,000 less.

"It's unfair competition," said Stan Weekes with the Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform.

He said Dustbusters' owner did some digging.

"It would appear that he gained street evidence from people who know that talked to people that they were hiring illegals," said Weekes.

The lawsuit alleges that Finishing Touch knowingly employed "illegal aliens," could pay them less and could underbid competitors.

The owner of Finishing Touch would not comment, but her attorney said the charges are false.

"I am confident that the end result will be in my client's favor," said Bart Dunn.

Steve Hendrickson owns a cleaning company that was initially named in the suit, but said the allegations were dropped because he was able to prove his workers were legal.

"It is a problem in the cleaning industry," he said. " But we're a company that really does believe you should follow the law."

Immigration reform advocates say the law is not being enforced in criminal courts, so the only recourse for business owners may be in civil trial.

Whether Dustbusters wins the $400,000 they're asking for or not, Weekes said the case sends an unprecedented message to business owners.

"They are possibly going to be held responsible for hiring illegals," said Weekes.

The trial started Monday and is expected to take three days.

The plaintiff waived the right to a jury, so a judge will make the ruling.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23 ... etail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's about time.

Today I learned that a 16 year old citizen that I know will have a job landscaping. I have only seen illegals doing this job for years. So perhaps things are opening up to where our kids can have summer jobs, entry level jobs, starter jobs. . . . This is the first one of the kids that I know that is getting a job so far.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

JAK
    "It's unfair competition," said Stan Weekes with the Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform.
    I heard this story on Fox tonight... and I am sooo happy they are finally doing something about this. It is unfair competition and it is about time they get these business's that are breaking the law!

A friend and I, several years ago (oh, I don't know maybe 10 / 12 years ago) tried to start our own cleaning business, commercial cleaning. We subcontracted the jobs out. Most everyone that worked for this company as cleaners could not speak english. Many times we would have to do a one time clean to bring a job up to standards. We were asked to do this often because many of the cleaners buildings were in pitiful shape. Many praised our work and said it was a difference of night and day. I guess it is better to pay a slave wage, hire a few good crews that can come in and bring the building, of the contracted crew back up to standards. We couldn't survive on the little amount of money we could make, since we don't live ...several families on one home so eventually had to give it up. These business's got what they paid for! After they complained enough they would send a crew in to get the building back in shape. If things were'nt so corrupt, they wouldn't be hiring illegals and the job for the most part would get done right the first time!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    It's about time.

Today I learned that a 16 year old citizen that I know will have a job landscaping. I have only seen illegals doing this job for years. So perhaps things are opening up to where our kids can have summer jobs, entry level jobs, starter jobs. . . . This is the first one of the kids that I know that is getting a job so far.
    I hope we start seeing more of this...all over the nation. These are jobs Americans will do, in spite of the lies they tell about Americans not wanting to do fast food, construction, cleaning, etc.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    It's about time.

I hope we start seeing more of this...all over the nation. These are jobs Americans will do, in spite of the lies they tell about Americans not wanting to do fast food, construction, cleaning, etc.
    Exactly!