Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO - Glenwood immigration reform rally draws large crowd

Glenwood immigration reform rally draws large crowd

John Stroud
    Glenwood Springs correspondent
    Aspen, CO Colorado,
    GLENWOOD SPRINGS — A crowd of more than 200, both Latino and Anglo, stood together on a cold December evening in Sayre Park Friday night for a common cause — furthering immigration reform efforts.

The rally and candlelight vigil, sponsored by the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition (CIRC), was one of 10 held around the state at the same time.

Glenwood was among five mountain resort towns to hold rallies — including Telluride, Avon, Dillon and Gunnison — as a way to show the importance of immigrant labor to the ski industry, according to CIRC.

“We're here tonight to organize as many people as we can for immigration reform,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

200 is a large crowd but hundreds of thousands at a tea party is ignored.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    [quote]“We are tired of hiding within the shadows; its time for us to be united, and to be together as families,â€

Unfortunately, too many of these people trust the explanations of those with similar heritage as far as what is right and wrong. Those that feed them this slop have also managed to convince them that this country will bend to their will, and this country has done little to deter that with all the social services we serve up on a silver platter at our expense.

[quote]so we can come out of the shadows of illegality,â€

April
    I am familiar with Glenwood Springs and it is FULL of illegals and Anglos who want to keep their slave labor. SICKENING!!!!

I hope that similar towns will become rotting corpses as a sign to others of what lies in store for them if they don't right the wrongs of this IA debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I am familiar with Glenwood Springs and it is FULL of illegals and Anglos who want to keep their slave labor. SICKENING!!!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

The media distorts what glennwood and the residents feel about Illegal Immigration! They just focus on the Illegals demands because liberals are running our media and govt' right now, Its going to do a 180 next year!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

There are soooo many parts of that story that make me either laugh my rear off or make me sooooo angry that I can't explain it. Are these people serious??? They are here ILLEGALLY!!! It doesn't matter what the reasons, they're illegals!! They are not protected by the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, as they are not citizens!!! I live in CO, and we've been hit hard by illegals taking jobs from us. And I've heard that working at the resorts is pretty good money. This is ridiculous!