Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

YEAH!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Contact the Governor

Mail
    Bill Ritter, Governor
    136 State Capitol
    Denver, CO 80203-1792

Phone
    (303) 866-2471

Fax
    (303) 866-2003

Contacting the Governor is easier than ever!

Write to the Governor here:
    http://www.colorado.gov/apps/oit/govern ... elcome.jsf
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bring illegal immigrants out in open, Ritter says
    By Julie Poppen, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
    Published January 30, 2009 at 12:05 a.m.
    Text size

* 45 Comments

©2009 Yahoo! Inc.

Gov. Bill Ritter told a panel studying immigration reform it's time to bring illegal immigrants "out of the shadows."

Ritter on Thursday addressed the University of Denver Strategic Issues Program group that is charged with coming up with immigration policy recommendations. The bipartisan panel, composed of politicians, educators and business people, will present its findings in the late fall.

"We've got to find a way to acknowledge their existence here and the role they're playing in contributing to the economy," Ritter said. "We've got to get employers to a place where everybody is above the table in their dealings with this population."

The Democratic governor also said he personally supported a guest worker policy similar to the one former President George W. Bush embraced. Ritter added he endorses a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, but that they should not necessarily be first in line.

Ritter touted Canada's system, in which the provinces deal directly with entities in Mexico to line up seasonal workers.

"Canada picks them up, monitors them, holds some checks," Ritter said. "It's a fairly tight system in terms of knowing who's in your country and how long they're going to be there."

Federal immigration authorities lack resources to monitor illegal immigrants here, Ritter said.

He cited on example in which some illegal immigrants were detained at a Glenwood Springs jail but had to be released because officers there had Tasers on them, a violation of federal immigration rules.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2 ... tter-says/

January 30, 2009

Yes! Let’s Bring Illegal Criminal Aliens Out into the Open: Arrest/deport them Mr. Ritter
    Posted by thunderhorse

By Frosty Wooldridge
    RE: “Bring illegal immigrants out in open, Ritter saysâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Colorado has it's own version of a Blagojevich and his name is Gov. Bill Ritter

It's time to get rid of the CORRUPTION Colorado

Dear Gov. Ritter,

We are being invaded and you need to stand against this invasion by doing everything possible to stop Illegal Aliens...287(g), E-verify and the SAVE act would be good places to start.
    As for your constituent business's crying for employees-Let them pay a fair wage and they'll get all they need!
    Though I do not live in Colorado I strongly believe that what any state does affects all states.

A worker shortage won't be a problem for long, pretty soon there won't be any consumers. Won't be too many people who are going to be able to waste money going to ski resorts either.
    "

Lol, Mr. Ritter you are an idiot. First off, there are no illegals working the ski slopes in aspen, and theyre doing just fine. Secondly, are illegals paying your salary?..Was it them who voted for you because I know I didnt. Did you not see on the local news Mr.Ritter about the illegal who drove his car over a man and his wife and children crossing the street in downtown denver, killing her and his children and leaving him for life in a wheelchair, went in hiding for months then finally came and confessed he destroyed this poor man's life?

[quote]“I quite frankly think that one of the people who understood this issue best in public life was (President) George Bush,â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I find it hard that he would say that there are not enough immigrant workers where other articles I have read on here say they are still overrun by ILLEGALS in the Colorado areas. SO WHICH IS IT?

And I still find it hard to believe no one wants to work these jobs. I see young people in this area working every day at low paying jobs.

Tom Tancredo is from Colorado and he was very much against the ILLEGALS in the country and in Colorado.

Gov Bill Ritter needs to change his point of views
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast