Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Colin Powell Clarifies Comments About Illegal Immigrants

Retired Gen. Colin Powell wants to make it clear: He doesn't hire illegal immigrants.

The former secretary of state is explaining comments he made Sunday during a wide-ranging interview on NBC's "Meet the Press." Asked about immigration in this country, Powell advocated a path to legal status for those here illegally because they "are doing things we need done in this country."

"They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house," Powell told host David Gregory. "We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."
    On Monday, Powell's office said he "misspoke."

"I don't hire illegal immigrants," Powell said in a statement obtained by USA Today. "On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be 'illegal.' There are 11 million illegal immigrants in this country and most are working somewhere in our economy."

In the interview, the former secretary of state also defended President Obama, whom he endorsed in 2008. Powell, a Republican, accused "fringe" elements on the right of staging "nonsense" attacks on the president, instead of going after his agenda.

Powell said accusations that Obama is Muslim or wasn't born in this country are dragging down political discourse.

"Let's not go down low. . . . Let's attack him on policy, not nonsense," he said. http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/20 ... mmigrants/

i dont believe him!
    i think the audio speaks for itself.

Sep 20, 2010
    Colin Powell clarifies remarks to say he doesn't hire illegal immigrants

10:21 AM

By William B. Plowman, APColin Powell is clarifying comments he made this weekend on Meet the Press to emphasize that he does not hire illegal immigrants.

News coverage of his appearance on the NBC Sunday talk show, such as a story by The Associated Press, reported that Powell said "illegal immigrants do essential work in the U.S. and that he has firsthand knowledge of that — because they fix his house."

In the interview , Powell said a path to legal status should be offered to illegal immigrants in the U.S. because they "are doing things we need done in this country."

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

This morning, however, comes word from Powell's office that he "misspoke."

"I don't hire illegal immigrants," Powell says in a statement today. "On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be 'illegal.' There are 11 million illegal immigrants in this country and most are working somewhere in our economy."
    ---------------------------------------------
    Post comments @

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... migrants/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just go away

Just Go Away Powell. You were part of the problem and nothing more. We do not care what you, or any other 'Part of the establishment' has to say...

What a loser Colin turned out to be! He lied to the UN about the reasons to invade Iraq claiming in essence he was too stupid to see through the sham. Then he comments on what great workers the illegal aliens are who work all around his house, er uh ... neighborhood .... uuuh .... well ... WHATEVER ... then he expects Americans to give a crap when he then tries to "clarify" his comments that oh he doesn't hire illegal aliens, only "contractors" working in his neighborhood and around his house do. All as a pathetic excuse to justify the Dream Act and Amnesty so he can save a couple of bucks on a roof repair and avoid being arrested.

These airheads make me want to puke at their idiocy and scream at the power we unwittingly handed them.

NO MORE! Wake Up, Stand Up, and TRUST NO ONE, NO MORE.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Powell is part of the predatory oligarchy that runs the U. S. They prey on the other groups in our society. That's why they love illegal immigration. Predator.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Powell is part of the predatory oligarchy that runs the U. S. They prey on the other groups in our society. That's why they love illegal immigration. Predator.
    So is Bill Clinton! I've really had it with him.

Here is the original Post yesterday

Powell: Illegals do Vital Work in US, even at his house
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-212754.html

We have seen repeatedly that some of the biggest lawbreakers are the lawmakers and officials in Congress, in this Administration and past. Mr. Powell may be another lawbreaker, breaking immigration laws, making excuses for his crime, and excuses for people who take and steal from Americans and the United States.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Isn't it interesting how he always finds himself in this situation of having to explain what he said?

Remember the UN Anthrax statements?

He must be the go-to guy for drama and distraction.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast