Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Complaint filed over immigration rally

Note from William: The Charlotte Police Officer in this clip is the first officer I saw at the protest when I returned from the station around 4:30. He did point out two bike patrol officers hidden on the deck of a building above and behind us out of site.

What he FAILS to mention is that these two bike patrol officers and he arrived after I tried to file my complaint. One of the bike patrol officers he pointed out actually passed me on my way back to the protest.

W

Video at this link
    http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/ ... 43&SecID=3

/27/2006 8:01 PM
    By: Adam Shub, News 14 Carolina

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The leader of a political action committee has filed a complaint with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, saying there was inadequate security for Saturday’s immigration rally in Marshall Park.

William Gheen, the president of Americans for Legal Immigration, was unhappy with the police presence at the park, calling it a “reckless endangerment of the public.”

The rally, which included thousands of people, threw massive support behind a Senate bill that gives illegal immigrants a path to citizenship and ensures them equal education.

"The city of Charlotte allowed 5,000 people to gather in the center of the city without a single visible police officer to be found,” said Gheen, who leads a group that is committed to stopping illegal immigration.

Gheen said he called police but that officers headed to the park only after he showed up in person at CMPD headquarters.

At a news conference Monday, the CMPD defended its handling of what it called a “very peaceful” event.

"Actually, I pointed out officers to (Gheen) on site,” Capt. Eddie Levins said. “Obviously, he wasn't satisfied with that."

According to the city attorney, it’s up to the police to decide how many officers to deploy. There’s no predetermined number, even for a demonstration of several thousand people.

One of the rally’s organizers, Adriana Galvez-Taylor, believes Gheen had a different motive for filing the complaint, which also went to the Charlotte City Council: "To make us look like we were potentially dangerous."

Galvez-Taylor said the rally was well-planned and that all the necessary steps were taken, including getting a permit.

Gheen said he would wait for a response from the CMPD before he decides on any legal action.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm sending this to everyone I know in Charlotte and the rest of NC. Good Job, W!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Also trying to get answers

I posted this info on another thread but thought I would repost here.

They (although they is an uknown entity at the moment) did obtain a permit there are still many unanswered questions.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:42 am Post subject: Public Assembly Permit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have obtained a copy of the Public Assembly Permit Application required by the City of Charlotte:

http://www.charmeck.org/PublicAssemblyPermitApplication.pdf

If you read the bottom of the last page, you will see that the permit is forwarded to the police department in order to determine the number of officer and emergency medical technicians needed to provide security. It also states that the organizing party is repsonsible for reimbursement of these services. I was curious as to who foot the bill.

I have requested the name of the Sponsoring Organization from Emily Westbrook who is the Economic Development Special Projects Coordinator her office number is 704-432-2076 for anyone who wants to call. I will let you know how far I get.

* The Applicant shall be responsible for hiring and paying off-duty law enforcement officers, or reimbursing the City for the costs of providing on-duty law enforcement officers, to appropriately police street closures. For festivals, the Applicant shall be additionally responsible for hiring and paying off-duty law enforcement officers, or reimbursing the City for the costs of providing on-duty law enforcement officers, to provide internal festival security and for hiring and paying necessary emergency medical technicians.

* The Permit Official, in consultation with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, shall determine the number of officers needed to appropriately police street closures and for internal security, and the number of emergency medical technicians needed, and the time when such services shall commence and end.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, ConcernedCharlottean!

Are you on the Observer forum?

Good job William, keep shining a light on them.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

BTTT

W, you're touching the tip of the iceberg, hang on for the fight of your life

William,
    They have even posted the story in the immigration forums in Univision.com

http://www.univision.com/contentroot/wi ... 46579.html
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by lc0130
    William,
    They have even posted the story in the immigration forums in Univision.com

http://www.univision.com/contentroot/wi ... 46579.html
    Anti-immigrant organization makes complaint against Police
    29 of March of 2006, 01:33pm ET
    Dark Rafael Zartha Charlotte (North Carolina) 29 sea (EFE).

The anti-immigrant organization, Americans for Legal Immigration (ALI-PAC), made a complaint against the Police Department of Charlotte-Mecklenburg, alleging the absence of agents during the demonstration made for the defense of the undocumented people. "It is a sad day for America, when thousands of illegals can take the streets in the absence of officials who would have to be working to enforce our immigration laws", said William Gheen, ALI-PAC president, in his complaint related to the protest made last Saturday. More than seven thousand people peacefully congregated in Marshall park, in the center of Charlotte, to demand an immigration reform that regularizes the undocumented people, and to reject the law projects that have the intention to turn them into criminals.

Charlotte Police Sergeant Smooth Goelz indicated that the demonstration developed without incidents. "People behaved very well. I would wish that all the protests so occurred as this one did," emphasized the official. "That gentleman (Gheen) wants to make us shine [look? appear?] as if we (the Hispanics) were potentially dangerous," Adriana Gálvez-Taylor said, leader of the group Communities Integral [United?] for Immigration Reform, which organized the demonstration. According to Gálvez-Taylor, the march was well planned, and all the steps necessary were taken to make it, surely including removing to [securing?] the permission and related matters.

The vice-mayor of Charlotte, Susan Burgess, was present at the demonstration and thanked the immigrants for the contribution they have made helping to construct the city. The African-American commissioner of Mecklenburg county, Wilhelmenia Rembert, expressed to the multitude, "I also am descended from immigrants." Supporters from different corners of the state like Winstom-Salem, Raleigh, Gastonia, Greensboro, Monroe and Asheville, defied the cold and the drizzle to participate in the encounter. The majority of assistants shone in their white t-shirts and carried United States flags.

The [Roman Catholic] Diocese of Charlotte supported the demonstration, and in her representation, the nun Andrea Inkrott read a message sent by the bishop Peter Jugis. "We are going to work together so that all live with dignity and without fear in this country that has been constructed by immigrants by more than 200 years," the letter indicated. The multitude, composed of children, mothers, the aged, and farmers, defied the cold and the drizzle, chanting the mottos "if the united town never can" ("United, yes, we can"?) and "We will overcome".

"We knew that Gheen was in the demonstration, we saw it on film, and he approached the communication reporters to give declarations", said Olma Echeverri of the Coalition of Hispanic Voters of Charlotte. "Nobody bothered it [the demonstration?], and its presence was respected", added Echeverri. According to Gheen, the police only went to the march two hours after its initiation. "I called 311, and I spoke with an official who left me on hold for 15 minutes, until I decided to walk personally to the station," Gheen wrote in his complaint. Gheen extended his denunciation to the Municipal Council of Charlotte, to local mayor Pat McCrory, the Meeting of Commissioners of Meckenburg County, and to the general solicitor of North Carolina, Roy Cooper. Gheen founded ALI-PAC in 2004 after being legislative assistant of Republican state senator Hugh Webster. Webster has been the author of the more severe law proposals against the undocumented immigrants in North Carolina. EFE
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!