Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When our son lived in Gig Harbor, Washington, we had to cross a bridge to get into town. One one side was the ocean, and the other side was either a backwater or mud hole - depending on the tide.

Every time we crossed there and the water was down, we would see a man or two with a couple of white plastic buckets picking up oysters. I knew there was an oyster company on up the 'mudhole', but didn't realize they actually 'owned' the oysters.

One day we stopped and got some take out food to eat on the beach, but it was full of people, so we decided to sit down on the other side of the bridge. We had been there about 15 minutes when a young man came up and told us we had to leave. He said this belonged to the oyster company and was private property. We apologized and being the good Southern boy he was, he was very nice and polite.

I did tell him I saw people picking up oysters almost every day.

He said, 'Well, that's just some of them 'illegal-type aliens' and there's just nothing we can do about them.

So we couldn't sit and eat - but illegals were allowed to steal buckets of oysters - that was about 10-12 years ago. I can only imagine what it must be like now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another thing that the Bredesen administration is blind to are the grossly overloaded ratty, rickety, UNSAFE 1/2 ton pickup trucks driven by illegals that are always stacked to overflowing with mountain stone.
    Mountain stone and creek rock are being heavily exploited in our part of Tennessee (40 miles west of Chattanooga).
    A few years back the TN Dept. of Transportation "weigh men" worked this area like mad hornets for over a year. They stopped every vehicle that hauled something for profit.
    Could not count the times I have seen them with a poor old pulpwood hauler stopped. They went over their old beat up pulpwood trucks and if even the tiniest thing was wrong....OFF THE ROAD until it is fixed. In short, they could deprive poor old locals their livelyhood, but today state troopers ("weigh men" & state troopers were merged) turn a blind eye and graciously allow illegals in dangerously overloaded trucks free reign on our highways.

It was in the paper a few weeks ago here in Nevada....The Welfare office actually just came out with...It is not our job to ask if they are illegal...we just give them the money....now isn't that nice.....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

adrian_001, what area exactly are these trucks hauling this stone? This information needs to go to State Representatives and Senators and others.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, I have sent emails & faxes thru numbersusa to our US congressman Lincoln Davis lamenting the fact that the state took the time and trouble to put the pulpwood haulers out of business but graciously allows illegals to race up and down our hwys in 1/2 ton pickups probably loaded 3X over their load limit. Nothing has been done!
    Don't get me wrong about Mr. Davis, he has a better immigration report card than a lot of republicans and Lincoln Davis is the first democrat I have ever voted for in my life (he earned my vote with his stance on illegals).
    I believe the fix is in at the state and local level. We have a State representative living in our small town and at least 3 state troopers that reside here (one of them being the son of the aforementioned state representative), so they witness this parade of mexican rock trucks first hand each and every day that they drive our highways.... illegals wizzing by in overloaded trucks.
    Local law enforcement says that they can have 10 tons of rock loaded on a small 1/2 ton truck and they can NOT stop them for being overloaded. Local law officers CAN stop them if they have a busted tail light, however.
    State troopers can stop them for being overloaded, but somehow this never happens. Illegals in rock trucks in this town run the roads with impunity.
    Oops, almost forgot to answer your question about where I am located... Dunlap, TN. about 45 miles West of Chattanooga.

twenty thousand pounds in the bed of a half ton?

Ain't happening . Maybe eight to nine but that is pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalododger
    twenty thousand pounds in the bed of a half ton?

Ain't happening . Maybe eight to nine but that is pushing it.
    Uh, when I wrote "10 tons on a 1/2 ton truck" the hyperbole should have been obvious. So obvious, in fact, that one should be able to immediately see the statement as dripping with sarcasm.

Just checking.

adrian_001, Do people call the State Troopers when the trucks go through? I know you said they know, but are people making calls complaining about the trucks being overloaded? Sure, they may not do anything, but the problem will keep forefront and if several people call the issue may grow in importance for safety reasons. Are letters wrtitten to the papers about the trucks and the drivers?

Doesn't the Dept of Transportation and other govt agencies oversee these trucks using the roads with unsafe loads?

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12