Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conference Today Examines Catholics and Immigration

http://www.elpasotimes.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 30331/1001

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Conference today examines Catholics and immigration
    Louie Gilot
    El Paso Times

A first-of-its-kind Binational Migration Conference has drawn legislative and church leaders to El Paso to look at immigration and the Catholic church.

U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, Mexico Foreign Minister Luis Derbez and Cardinal Theodore McCarrick of Washington, D.C., will take part in the closed discussions and workshops today through Saturday at the Camino Real Hotel Downtown.

"Nothing of this magnitude has happened here," said Ouisa Davis, executive director of the Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services. "Immigration is important because of its impact on people's lives."

McCarrick's speech tonight is expected to touch on binational collaboration.

"When I grew up, we were always taught that there were two separate continents: North America and South America," an excerpt of McCarrick's speech reads. "Yet our late Pope John Paul II spoke of one continent, of one America joined by common need and common solidarity. This conference is important because we must work together for the common good and to answer the needs of our time and of this new moment of globalization."

Cornyn, R-Texas, said Wednesday that he would highlight his plans for comprehensive border security and immigration reform legislation and his efforts to combat sex trafficking and human slavery.

Louie Gilot may be reached at lgilot@elpasotimes.com, 546-6131.

El Paso Times reporter Leonard Martinez contributed to this story.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Nothing like this has ever happened before"

RIGHT!! We never had foreign control of our entire Government before being aided and abetted by the Catholic Church!!

PEOPLE!!

The Catholic Church Organization is OBL...Open Borders Lobby....promoting the end of the United States....through the deception argument of "humanity".

I know it is hard to believe, but you must face the facts that your religious ORGANIZATION has become an enemy of the United States.

STOP GIVING AND TAKE YOUR CHURCH BACK!!

There nothing wrong with the Catholic Religion....only THOSE WHO CONTROL THE CHURCH POLICY AND COFFERS FILLED WITH YOUR MONEY!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If you love America...become a Protestant...fast.

Thank you, Judy. I was just thinking that...Catholics are Protestants, but what I was TRYING to say was..........I don't really know. All I know is that I cannot go to the Catholic Church anymore, knowing that they condone breaking laws in the U.S., and encouraging this. I believe they actually encourage illegals to come across the borders.

I just can't go there anymore. It goes against my grain too much. We have been looking for a new church, and finding it to be a very positive experience.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen...Catholics are Protestant.

Lets rephrase: If you love America, become a NON-CATHOLIC PROTESTANT FAST!!! Learn to talk to God direct about your sins....is my immediate ADVICE....after all HE is the only one to bless and forgive you. You do not need a "priest" to receive God's forgiveness. Join a church where you can speak directly to God and receive both his blessings and forgiveness directly!

GOD never intended in my humble opinion, for any of his believers to have to traspe to a "building" and find a "cubby-hole" and tell their darkest, deepest thoughts and sins to a guy in a robe on the other side of the wall. THAT LITTLE PROCEDURE WAS CREATED BY MAN, NOT BY GOD for CONTROL OF YOU.

I've thought alot about the Confession Procedure in the Catholic Church and it was created for a reason. Knowing your secrets....and through this knowledge....controlling YOU!

Shed this Shackle....find another Church. The Catholic Church Organization, which is founded in a foreign land, not the United States, is taking your money and your secrets and using both to end your nation and your life as American Citizens.

That my friends is an irrefutable Truth and not one I'm pleased to bear to tell. Just one of the saddest discoveries of the many we have made in the past couple of months trying to figure out WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you, Judy. Please forgive me. My intelligence level is probably about equal to the President's.

Actually, my IQ may be a few digits higher than his, because I realize illegal immigration is the most serious problem facing our nation, and apparently he thinks it's one of the best things going for our country!

So, please forgive me for my mistakes.
    Whatever.....in truth, GWB is probably a teensy weensy bit smarter than I am, only because he's had more advantages, but I believe that I am wiser than he is.

Power.....I definitely have more power. That's for sure!!

Money...he wins. How do I know? I've seen his car.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen!! NO PROBLEM...and this is a common mistake many people make...don't worry about it and my dear friend, you are a GENIUS in my book...BRAVE and COURAGEOUS TOO!!

You inspired me to write something to our friends who are Catholic and struggling with what to do....stay with their church and lose their nation...or break stride and a have country they love.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LegalUSCitizen!!