Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressman Could ‘Go All Trump’ Over Military Bases Housing Illegal Immigrant Minors

by ALEX SWOYER
    5 Jan 2016
    Washington, DC
    311 comments

Congressman Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) is blowing the whistle on the Obama administration’s plan to house at least 5,000 illegal immigrant minors at six military bases across the United States.

“I’m not trying to make a major statement about the border – there are plenty of problems. I could go Trump on it,” Cramer joked during an exclusive interview with Breitbart News on Tuesday, referencing GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s tough stance on illegal immigration. “I don’t even think we even have to go there. I just think we raise the obvious issue of compassion for these children and the priority of our military and the conflict that this plan raises.” Cramer went on:

"What’s interesting to me is that the Department of Defense called to give me a heads up, which is great; however, what’s also interesting to me is who didn’t call to give me a heads up and of course, that’s Health and Human Services. I don’t want to read too much into it, but it is interesting that Defense felt that important. I suspect the military hates the idea completely."

The Grand Forks Herald noted that the Grand Forks Airforce base in Cramer’s district is one of the military locations that the Department of Defense is considering to use to house these illegal minors and that the Department of Health and Human Services is responsible for overseeing and funding the plan.

“One of the great ironies of all is of course Grand Forks Airforce Base is as close to Canada as you can get,” Cramer said, noting it’s “ironic enough” that illegal immigrants would be housed at a military base.

He said Grand Forks is “as far away from the southern border [as] you can get,” and it’s where the weather is cold.

“This would be hard pressed to get in the top 100 places,” Cramer said, about this military base being a compassionate place to relocate these children because it is far from their home and culture.

Cramer said the comparison to relocating Syrian refugees into the United States, away from the Middle East and their culture, was a “great analogy” to what is occurring here with the illegal immigrant minors.

Cramer’s office was notified that six military bases are currently being considered for housing illegal minors:

Gunter Annex – Maxwell Air Force Base, AL (nearest city: Montgomery, AL)
    Tyndall Air Force Base, FL (nearest city: Panama City, FL)
    Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND (nearest cities: Emerado, ND and Grand Forks, ND)
    Naval Support Activity Philadelphia, PA (nearest city: Philadelphia, PA)
    Hanscom Air Force Base, MA (nearest city: Bedford, MA)
    Travis Air Force Base, CA (nearest city: Fairfield, CA)

Cramer recently wrote a letter to Health and Human Services Director Carey vocalizing his opposition to this plan:

“I intend to go to the floor this week to raise awareness of the issue further,” he stressed. “I would hope that readers would use whatever form they have available to them to raise the concern.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...igrant-minors/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why wouldn't a Republican member of Congress want to "GO ALL TRUMP" over it?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn