Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conn - Former DMV worker gets prison term

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connec ... ng_scheme/

Former DMV worker gets prison term in license-selling scheme
    December 9, 2006

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. --A former employee of the state Department of Motor Vehicles has been sentenced to three years in prison for selling state driver's licenses to illegal aliens.

Cynthia White, 42, of Bridgeport, made a tearful plea for leniency before Superior Court Judge Richard Comerford Jr. sentenced her Friday.

"I want to make a public apology to the Department of Motor Vehicles and the state of Connecticut for all the harm I have caused. I just can't say I'm sorry enough," White said.

White, who worked in the DMV's Bridgeport office, was fired after her June arrest. She and pleaded guilty in September to violating the state's Corrupt Organizations and Racketeering Act and three counts each of receiving bribes and second-degree forgery.

Prosecutors said that between Sept. 5, 2002, and Dec. 4, 2003, White sold licenses to illegal aliens for between $1,000 and $2,000, and that she shared the money with two other DMV workers.

Those employees, Venita Bines and Tracy Lucas-Stevenson, were charged with being the ring leaders of an operation that sold more than 1,500 licenses and nearly 1,000 Connecticut identification cards between June 2000 and December 2004.

Bines and Lucas-Stevenson were each sentenced in October to seven years in prison.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Only three years? Sheesh, I wonder if they can find out who any of the recipients of the licenses are or are they considered to be 'victims' of the racketeering???
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Very light sentance , Better than nothing though .

"I want to make a public apology to the Department of Motor Vehicles and the state of Connecticut for all the harm I have caused. I just can't say I'm sorry enough," White said.
    I would bet that she wasn't sorry when she was padding her bank account.
    If even one of the people she sold a driver's license to injured or killed someone in an automobile accident I think she should be held responsible.
    Three years seems to be a pretty short sentence for the damage she potentially did. This is one that I would like to see serve her sentence in Maricopa, she wouldn't be lounging around watching television for three years there.
    I think that seven months for the other two is a slap on the wrist.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn