Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Consternation Among Hispanics After Immigration Bill Stalled

Consternation Among Hispanics After Immigration Reform Stalled

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/ ... igreax.txt

Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:36 PM CDT in News
    By Pablo Bello
    THE MORNING NEWS

SPRINGDALE -- The stalled proposed Senate immigration bill has some immigrants consternated, others still hopeful and others confused.

National legislators split on the amendments of the bill, which would had gave an estimated 12 million undocumented aliens the opportunity to become legal residents and gain citizenship.

"I am sad because I have brothers and other family members who don't have the legal residency, but I would like to see them have access to health services if the immigration reform is approved by the Congress," said Benjamin Miranda, 54, of Springdale.

If the bill became law, it would have result in the biggest change in immigration law and policy in more than 20 years.

Omar Merino, 31, of Rogers said the stalled proposal has the Hispanic community confused, and many people don't yet know the bill stalled.

"It is a reality that the Hispanic community is the biggest minority in the country and a huge work force that needs help to keep working," said Merino.

Omar Martinez, 28, a resident of Springdale said he would like to see a massive legalization to see immigrants living in better conditions.

Jim Reebs, 45, of Rogers, said, "Everyone should have a chance to better their life's, but other than that, go through the legal channels."

He thinks if he could change the legislation he would change the red tape in the proposed immigration bill.

"I don't know what's involved, but I think the process is very lengthy," said Reebs.

Ken Bower, 69, of Elm Springs, said that as it sits now (the immigration proposal) will never pass because Congress is asking Latinos to pay $5,000 a piece and go back to Mexico and come to the U.S the right way.

"They are going to have to wait eight or 13 years to come back and many people have families here and who's going to take care of them?" said Bower, who grew up in California among Latinos.

He asked if Latinos are having a hard time making a living now, how are they going to pay $5,000.

Bower doesn't think the proposal will pass this year but he would like to see everyone getting a driver's license and applying to become a citizen and also learning English.

"Down there is pretty tough.. and they are people like us. If I were them, I would be the same way, I would cross that border every chance that I've got," said Bower.

So it looks like Miranda, Merino and Merino wanted this amnesty so their friends, relatives and whoever would have healthcare (they already have the ERs), better living conditions (the little anchors give them access to section eight) and "needs help to keep working" (they've already have big business hiring them using fake SS #s).

These three want to turn the US into a third world cesspool.

ENFORCE CURRENT IMMIGRATION LAWS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    So it looks like Miranda, Merino and Merino wanted this amnesty so their friends, relatives and whoever would have healthcare (they already have the ERs), better living conditions (the little anchors give them access to section eight) and "needs help to keep working" (they've already have big business hiring them using fake SS #s).

These three want to turn the US into a third world cesspool.

ENFORCE CURRENT IMMIGRATION LAWS!
    AMEN!

He asked if Latinos are having a hard time making a living now, how are they going to pay $5,000.
    How did they pay the coyotes that and more?

Omar Merino, 31, of Rogers said the stalled proposal has the Hispanic community confused, and many people don't yet know the bill stalled.
    If you knew English, you'd know it stalled!!!