Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Construction company owner fined $5,000

Construction company owner fined $5,000

He pleads guilty in illegal immigrants case. Right Way employed three Mexican nationals.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007
    By RUSS FLANAGAN

The owner of a Palmer Township construction company targeted by the district attorney's office for employing illegal immigrants was fined Tuesday in Northampton County Court.

Salvatore Sacco, 60, owner of Right Way Construction Co., pleaded guilty to one count of obstructing administration of law and was fined $5,000 by Judge Stephen G. Baratta.

Additional charges of conspiracy and hindering apprehension were dropped as part of the plea agreement.

In October, District Attorney John Morganelli put local business owners on notice when he announced plans to crack down on illegal immigrants by prosecuting businesses that employ them.

Morganelli filed criminal charges against Right Way Construction Co. of Palmer Township after it was found employing three Mexican nationals who entered the United States illegally. The illegal immigrants were found to be using phony documents and committing identity theft.

According to court records, the men were making about $8 an hour, about half what the average construction worker earns. The average wage for a construction worker in 2000 was $15.81, according to federal statistics.

Over the past several years, Morganelli's office has rounded up hundreds of illegal aliens and charged them with a myriad of crimes, including identity theft. He has been a regular guest on national cable talk shows on CNN and The Fox News Channel talking about illegal immigration.

Reporter Russ Flanagan can be reached at 610-258-7171 or by e-mail at rflanagan@express-times.com

http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/pa/ ... xml&coll=2

Re: Construction company owner fined $5,000

ouch. I can see it now. "On the next Maury.... You are NOT the father"

Banned
    Reporter Russ Flanagan says in this report that According to court records, the men were making about $8 an hour, about half what the average construction worker earns. The average wage for a construction worker in 2000 was $15.81, according to federal statistics.

WRONG labor in 2000 at the bottom of the food chain, $7.25 per hour a ten year man may have made around $16.00 again this is up to the company and the man where Russ got his numbers is beyond me

See there’s this myth again.

THESES ILLEGALS ARE NOT WORKING FOR LESS THEY ARE NOT UNDER CUTTING THE PAY. THEY ARE STEALING THE JOBS
    GET IT RIGHT RUSS.

I would like to see more cities and counties fine those companies who hire illegals. It makes me sick to think that there are many American trades people and experienced contractors who are almost unemployed due to many of the large condo construction projects hiring illegals. I would like to take a video camera and tape how they go to the Haulover Park parking lot and get picked up by buses who to take them to the job site. Then I would pass the tape on to ICE.
    As for working for less money I am not sure about that as these illegals almost all carry $2,000 on them. I guess that the money is for the immigration lawyer when they get picked up by ICE.
    I would also like to confront Donald Trump on this one. He went to court regarding the size of the American flag he had flying in Palm Beach but yet his construction projects in Sunny Isles Beach has a large number of illegals. If he is such a patriot then he should look into his jobsites. Maybe I should pass this information on to Rosie as it would make the news.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The fine amount was a joke right? He has made fifty times that by using illegal labor. The fine should have been 50,000 dollars. We need to start making examples of these employers.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

MW
    Swatchick wrote:

I would also like to confront Donald Trump on this one. He went to court regarding the size of the American flag he had flying in Palm Beach but yet his construction projects in Sunny Isles Beach has a large number of illegals. If he is such a patriot then he should look into his jobsites. Maybe I should pass this information on to Rosie as it would make the news.
    Wouldn't do any good, Rosie's so far left it's not even funny. I would be shocked if her love for criminal aliens was any less than her love for the same sex.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW just remember they are fueding which involved mud slinging. I don't think her feelings towards the subject would matter if she could use it to go against Donald. Illegal immigration is a hot topic and may get the media attention she craves. Then it would get others interested and talking about the situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)