Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Honduran illegal gets 50-years for crash that killed businessman

by SHELTON GREEN/KVUE News

kvue.com

Posted on September 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Updated today at 10:31 PM

Wednesday evening, a Travis County jury took a little more than three hours to decide the punishment for 24-year old Jaime Alvarado, who received 50-years in prison for murder with a deadly weapon.

Alvarado, a Honduran native in the country illegally, had three prior D.W.I. convictions when he ran a red light at the intersection of Bolm Road and Springdale Drive in East Austin on August 31, 2009, hitting and killing a Tennessee resident in town on business.

Robert Benn, 64. a consultant had just picked up his rental car at the airport and was heading to his hotel when Alvarado plowed into the side of his car.

Wednesday night , moments after Alvarado was sentenced, one of Benn's daughters, Andrea McKee, read a victim's statement in which she lamented her father's death, a tragedy happening on the same day as her first child was born.

"He will never get to see me as a mother. I will never get to introduce him to his granddaughter. I will be reminded of his death every single Monday for the rest of my life," she said through her tears.

Prosecutors say Alvarado will have to serve at least half of his 50-year sentence before he is eligible for parole. If indeed Alvarado receives parole in 25-years, it will be up to the federal government to decide whether or not to deport him back to his native Honduras.

www.kvue.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was hit by an illegal alien in 2000. I was at a stop light in on sante fe expressway in englewood colorado at 500am . The illegal hit me doin 70mph+. he blew a .21
    was arrested had no insurance, no dl nothin.
    I broke the c-5&c-6 in my neck . I lost my house my cars my job everything .The illegal did six mo in county then was deported.6 mo after he was deported he was arrest in Denver for DUI again .
    this needs to stop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12