Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you want to change the FOOD, go organic!!! And yes, you can get organic Soy products also.
    Right you are GOOD! We've been Organic for over 30 years and helped found the first organic coop in our area many moons ago.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Soy

I believe that all the SOY {large farms which supply the goliaths} grown in the US is now genetically altered.
    I have to disagree with you there. If you purchase the Soy products that are certified organic or purchase from places like "Whole Foods" or "Tidal Creek" food stores, you can bet you will get organic.

There are a large number of people out there who only use organic. The problem is that most folks don't understand the difference. These people are the same ones who realize, when you read the ingredients in a product, that "natural" is just a word used for marketing purposes.

The cosmetics industry uses the word "natural" and people who take the time to read the ingredients know that it's just a load of bull.

It's like that commercial for ice cream that has the 2 kids reading the ingredients on the label. If you can't say a word in an ingredient, chances are it is a preservative or something similar.

Good to know! I know that all soybeans grown in North Carolina are genetically modified. I read it in an agr report because I'm working on a project that centers around growing and producing more organic foods in North Carolina.

2ndamendsis--why am I not surprised that you've been organic for 30 years? My ex-husband started about 20 years ago when he became a vegetarian.

Argentina has more certified organic acreage that any country in the world. Go Figure? Are they staging to serve the elite of the WORLD?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JUDY wrote:
    I know that all soybeans grown in North Carolina are genetically modified. I read it in an agr report because I'm working on a project that centers around growing and producing more organic foods in North Carolina.
    Judy, the farms are under the most outrageous contracts to the goliaths and are held by the throat.
    ** to sell your grain/Soy etc.
    >you must purchase their SEED, FERTILIZER, etc.
    > the seed is genetically altered
    > no SALE if all requirements are not met

What's the farmer {rancher} to do? Can he/she survive by selling to the "organic coops & restaurants?" And so it goes on and on. When one owns {or the bank as most are mortgaged & loaned to the hilt} this much land and harvests great quantities, they're simply left with no choice. Well, there are choices but none that will keep them "intact." Milk is similar which is why so many dairy farms have sold out.

The smaller farmers/ranchers have better choices and can survive by saying no the big guys & their genetically altered anything.

**there was a lawsuit against a farmer recently by a large company claiming that - hold on to your seat - his heirloom seed altered their crops {paraphrasing here} I don't know the outcome
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2ndamendsis--that's rich isn't it? His natural seed probably did infest their the genetically modified and theirs infested his. That's life. I'm sure the weeds in my yard blew in from my neighbors!

In my home-state of Missouri, someone carried a thistle plant back from the southwest---it was in bloom and they thought it was pretty (they didn't know it was a weed).

Now they're growing like crazy all over the state. Twice a year, we'd have to pack up big bags and a sharp knife and go out and "cut thistles"....pile em up and burn 'em. Cattle didn't like them whether they were in bloom or not....and if you didn't cut 'em out, they would quickly germinate your entire field of grass.

I hope the farmer wins. In our system, he should.

It's hard to get a patent over Mother Nature, or at least it should be.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Do a search on the terminator seeds. They are GM seeds that give a greater yield, but the yield is sterile. A farmer can't replant saved seeds the next season. They won't grow. Worse, the pollen is sterile as well, so the farm next door can't save seed for next season.

Mr. Magoo wrote
    Do a search on the terminator seeds. They are GM seeds that give a greater yield, but the yield is sterile. A farmer can't replant saved seeds the next season. They won't grow. Worse, the pollen is sterile as well, so the farm next door can't save seed for next season.
    YES, exactly!! But GM is not the only one. Monsanto for another and more. This is the reason that some are working hard at collecting and saving heirlooms. Also, the honey bee population has been effected and that is very bad for those of us that count on their pollenating our fields & gardens.

EVERYONE--When using the initials GM, this stands for Genetically Modified seeds and products, not General Mills.

Monsanto is headquartered in MISSOURI.

Jack Danforth - Make a note of this because Jack Danforth who was appointed as UN Ambassador is from St. Louis, Missouri, is a former US Senator, and resigned as UN Ambassador mysteriously for person reasons shortly after his appointment was announced. Danforth family is one of the richest families in the world and owns major shares in Ralston-Purina also headquartered n Missouri.

John Ashcroft-former US Senator from MISSOURI out-going Attorney General of the United States, John Ashcroft, who did nothing to enforce border control (his department) or prosecute violators of US Immigration Law (his department) or do anything to reduce the massive flow of illegal immigration (also his department).

Kit Bond--US Senator from MISSOURI voted the wrong way on the bills last week. Kit has always been for the little guy....but the votes last week were for major multi-national companies. Monsanto makes genetically modified seeds; Ralston-Purina is one of the largest purchasers of grain.

Connect the dots.

EVERYONE--When using the initials GM, this stands for Genetically Modified seeds and products, not General Mills.
    JUDY, color me purple........I added GM to my list
    better go and "remove" them before I really start a crisis in my backyard!
    I could have created a war on GM all by myself {thought you were referring to a subsidiary and now I can't stop laughing!!

Thanx for the education!! Every little bit helps and this proves it, lol.

control the food, control the world

Control the food, control the world. There has been alot of information about geneticallly modified food. One example:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/03/27/news/corn.html

One day, if it hasn't happened already, the upper-classes will be eating real food, and the rest of us will be eating gm food and drinking recycled sewage water.

Can't you just picture the new food pyramid. Real meat, gm meat, real dairy, gm dairy, real whole grains, gm whole grains, etc... Advertisement:

GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD, IT DOES A BODY GOOD!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast