Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cop Who Lied About Citizenship Deported!!!

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/n ... .Identity/

By CARRIE ANTLFINGER
    Associated Press Writer

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A man who took a dead cousin's identity to pose as a U.S. citizen in order to become a police officer was deported from the United States and arrived in central Mexico on Sunday.

Oscar Ayala-Cornejo, 25, was arrested May 31 after an anonymous tip and was charged with falsely representing himself as an American citizen.

He accepted a plea deal, agreeing to be deported, and resigned from the Milwaukee police force. A judge sentenced Ayala last month to a year of probation.

Darryl Morin, special projects coordinator for the League of United Latin American Citizens, said Ayala left on a flight out of Milwaukee on Sunday morning. Dense fog had forced the cancellation of Ayala's flight on Saturday.

Ayala-Cornejo arrived Sunday evening at the international airport in Guadalajara, Mexico, where his family moved from in 1992. He was greeted by nearly a dozen relatives.

He said he was too tired to talk with reporters but indicated he would speak publicly in the coming days.

In a cell phone interview as he arrived at the Milwaukee airport on Saturday, Ayala said he was sad to leave his family and friends but was optimistic. He plans to stay with relatives in Guadalajara and study computer engineering.

"I enjoyed my time here and I have no regrets," he said.

Being a police officer was his dream job.

"I love this country," he said Saturday. "I love everything it has to offer."

Ayala said in November that his father helped him change his identity to Jose Morales, a cousin who was a U.S. citizen but who died as a child of stomach cancer.

He had told his father he wanted to become a police officer after the department recruited at his high school.

He said he would have had to go back to Mexico when he became an adult to wait years before becoming a citizen, and his father didn't want to separate the family. His sister was married to a citizen, his brother was born in this country and his parents were on their way to becoming permanent residents.

His father died of leukemia in 2004, before he could see his son become a police officer that December.

Ayala doesn't hold his father responsible.

"The cards that we were dealt just weren't the best ones," he has said. "If I wouldn't have done this, I would still be in Mexico waiting to see if I could ever see my family."

His 27-year-old brother, Alex, was fired from the police department in September for lying about his brother's identity, but he won his job back this month, with a 10-day suspension without pay.

What I don't understand is how the younger brother (who was deported) who is 25 was not a citizen, yet his brother (also a police officer) who is OLDER by 2 years IS a citizen, and it clearly states that the family didn't even come here until 1992 when the deported one would have been around 15 and the "citizen" would have been around 17. What did the parents do, have an anchor baby then go home to Mexico and have a kid there 2 years later, stay for 15 years and then come back here? The police dept needs to order a certified copy of Alex's (if that's his real name) birth certificate and see if the parents listed on the birth certificate match the names and ages listed on the fathers obituary, instead of accepting his word (judging from the rest of the family, and the fact that he kept his mouth shut about his brother being illegal, his word means less than nothing) that he is a citizen. The family obviously has no qualms about using stolen birth certificates to illegally obtain ID. They should make sure Alex didn't do it first, and then suggest to the deported one he do the same. If Officer Alex became a citizen the legal way (but if he had to wait until he was 18, I don't see how he did that in only 9 years) the article would have mentioned that. Police should be held to higher standards anyways. I also don't understand why the brother (Alex) would be given his job back.

Related long thread re this story:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-66219-darryl.html+morin
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

His 27-year-old brother, Alex, was fired from the police department in September for lying about his brother's identity, but he won his job back this month, with a 10-day suspension without pay.
    Why wasn't he charged with aiding and abetting--which happens to be a felony and a police officer can't be a convicted felon. 10 day suspension without pay--that amounts to an unpaid vacation.....some punishment!

"We enforce our laws, and we defend law-abiding citizens. And we reserve the benefits of citizenship for legal residents."
    Matt Blunt Governor of Missouri
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)