Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cops Talked Undocumented Worker Out Of Suicide

Will Guzzardi

A Chicago police sergeant and two officers have been nominated for one of the department’s highest honors after their extraordinary actions to save the life of a suicidal undocumented worker.

Officers Frank Zotta and Charlie Bell were on patrol on April 5th in the 13th police district, an area that covers much of Humboldt Park. Rolling past a highway overpass near Augusta Boulevard and Milwaukee Avenue, the officers spotted a man clinging to the fence, apparently ready to jump to his death onto the Kennedy Expressway.

"We saw him climbing up there, screaming and crying, we realized right away what he was going to do," Officer Bell told HuffPost Chicago. Bell had seen another suicide jump from the same spot. "We went right up to him, talked to him, tried to keep his mind off jumping."

They radioed for a supervisor, and Sergeant Richard Gonzalez, who was right around the corner, sped to the scene. He spoke to the officers, realized the man was a Spanish speaker, and approached him nervously.

“I’ve been on the job eighteen years, but I’ve never gone through this,â€

[quote]“I told him, I’m a Latino just like you,â€

Banned
    Maybe this cop has fake papers like the one in Alaska.They might have saved a law suit his family would have done,but he did go to hospital costing tax payers money.He should be deported by all means.

Eventually, the sergeant and his friend on the phone persuaded him. Gonzalez helped him down from the overpass, took him to a hospital, and reunited him with his family.
    The very next move should have been CALL ICE!

Eventually, the sergeant and his friend on the phone persuaded him. Gonzalez helped him down from the overpass, took him to a hospital, and reunited him with his family.
    Let me guess. The sergeant and his "friend" got the suicidal illegal invader a job as well! No mention of any chance of being deported. Let me guess...deporting a suicidal illegal invader would be "inhumane!"

We're going in the WRONG direction in this country!

[quote]“I told him, I’m a Latino just like you,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="busygirl"][quote]“I told him, I’m a Latino just like you,â€

Banned
    Should have called ICE to respond in the first place. Let them try to talk him down. One way or the other he would be outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by BillCunnane
    Should have called ICE to respond in the first place. Let them try to talk him down. One way or the other he would be outta here.
    LOL...Ditto that! I suppose they could have requested a hispanic ICE agent to make the suicidal invader a little more comfortable with his situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's not funny when a human being kills themselves, regardless. I know this personally.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Just another antic, they should have told him to go ahead and I'll bet he wouldn't have done it. It's just another antic of an illegal alien making demands for things he is not entitled to. And if he did go ahead and jump, than oh well they wouldn't even have to worry about calling ICE.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast