Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Costa Mesa residents urged to "evacuate the city"

Published: May 19, 2010
    Updated: 4:52 p.m.

By ELLYN PAK
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

35 minutes ago

More immigrant rights' organizations are publicly condemning Costa Mesa's self-designation as a "Rule of Law City," with one group calling on residents to evacuate the city.

Zeke Hernandez, president of the Santa Ana League of United Latin American Citizens Council #147, said the resolution that city leaders approved Tuesday sends a message that its Latino immigrant population is not welcome in the city.

"I would guess that in terms of being undesirable, it can go two ways," Hernandez said Wednesday. "If the mayor decides they don't want the undesirables within the city limits, then people in Costa Mesa can also make a statement that the City of Costa Mesa is an undesirable place to live."

"When I say evacuate, certainly you should leave before the mayor sends his troops out," he added. "Because he has been very upfront that you are not welcome in the city of Costa Mesa."

The City Council passed the resolution Tuesday night, at the behest of Mayor Allan Mansoor, declaring the city as one that does not condone illegal immigration. Mansoor, a vocal opponent of illegal immigration, said the action will lead to future proposals cracking down on illegal immigrants in the city.

Mansoor said the city needs to do more to tackle the issue, including taking a look at whether police officers can do more to check immigration statuses of unlicensed drivers. In past years, the city has targeted day laborers and pushed for its police officers to enforce federal immigration laws.

He added that he was tired of the name-calling by opponents, including those who called him a racist, and those who believe that only federal government officials should deal with the issue.

The Anti-Defamation League of California and American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California have also condemned Mansoor's proposals, which they say will divide the community and promote hatred.

In a statement, Angelica Salas, executive director of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, said, "The cancer of intolerance that has afflicted Arizona with the passage of SB1070 has now metastasized to the City of Costa Mesa. By declaring itself a "Rule of Law City," Costa Mesa has voted to make life a living hell for immigrants and their families."

Staff Writer Cindy Carcamo contributed to this report.

Contact the writer: 714-796-7956 or epak@ocregister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/news/city-249 ... costa.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

Mayor Wants Costa Mesa to be a 'Rule of Law City'

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-199507.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My hat is off to Mayor Mansoor. There is a spark of sanity in So. Cal.

There are American mayors, then there are villagrosas. Can anyone tell me what villagrosa translates into in english? Is it village idiot?

Wow... surprised.

Yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 3, 2010 10:03 a.m.

Former Sheriff Mike Carona once boasted that Orange County, CA. turned over more inmates for deportation than any other jail in the nation.

Costa Mesa’s mayor offered no apologies for checking the immigration status of jaywalkers and disorderly drunks who hadn’t even been arrested and that local police used their newfound authority “to process for removal aliens who have committed minor crimes such as carrying an open container of alcoholâ€
    NO AMNESTY

What a poser.................Riding the Caldermoron visit?

Lame.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    There are American mayors, then there are villagrosas. Can anyone tell me what villagrosa translates into in english? Is it village idiot?
    Thank goodness for So. Cal cause there sure isn't any sanity in No. Cal. We're full of "Sanctuary Cities".

These California Counties work with I.C.E. to deport illegal aliens right from their jails.
    (Date when they joined the I.C.E. Secure Communities Program.)

San Diego
    Los Angeles
    Imperial
    Ventura

Santa Barbara 1/2010
    San Luis Obispo 1/2010
    Sacramento 1/12/2010
    Solano 1/12/2010
    San Joaquin 2/16/2010
    Stanislaus 2/16/2010
    Sonoma 3/ 2/ 2010
    Orange 3/16/2010
    Fresno 3/ 23/ 2010
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Thank goodness for So. Cal cause there sure isn't any sanity in No. Cal. We're full of "Sanctuary Cities".

Sorry to wish this upon you, but let them all head to No. Ca... hopefully that is where Nancy Pelosi lives. Get your for sale sign out and move to Arizona. I live in NC, which is now the second target for Mexico's American invasion; so I have my for sale sign out and preparing to get the heck out of here in one year when my daughter graduates. I'm done with NC... no more of my tax dollars going to support Mexican Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast