Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Could illegal immigrants be taking teens’ jobs?

Could illegal immigrants be taking teens’ jobs?
    by DP Opinion on June 2, 2008

Re: “In falling economy, teen jobs get scarce,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Andrew Sum himself says that millions of teen jobs have been lost to illegal aliens.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't even know what constitutes a "teen job" anymore. Used to be minimum wage jobs, but we all know many jobs are minimum wage jobs today that didn't used to be. "Summer jobs" possibly because they are temporary, yet in todays market, all jobs have the potential to be temporary. With the changes in the school year and trying to fit in with mom and pops vacation plans and all the rules and regulations......it's tough for a teen to find a job period. But yes, illegals and many people have crimped the job market for teens. I would also say so much of the regulations make it hard for an employer working with a skeleton crew to bother with a teen when they can get more work with less problems, hiring any other group of people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Northeastern Center for Labor Market Studies is on the record saying that illegal immigrants are taking jobs that teenagers would normally hold.

It is true but not in and around Tulsa anymore, you see kids in the kitchen even at the restuarants and it is good to see.

There are neighborhood kids who cant get a job at the local McDonalds because the manager is Hispanic and he only hires Hispanics kids and adults.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are neighborhood kids who cant get a job at the local McDonalds because the manager is Hispanic and he only hires Hispanics kids and adults.
    Exactly......with a "must speak Spanish" attached, to be sure the applicants are dwindled even further.

This is all pushed by the "higher ed" idiots who believe that every kid is somehow destined for at least one college degree, a desk job, high salary, comfortable retirement paid for by surging stock prices, etc. Why do any 'work' until you're at least twenty-three. It might stunt your intellectual and "moral" development.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

welll just yesterday, a relative of mine a soon to be high school graduate, Honors Student, Eagle Scout and college-bound senior...applied for a summer job at a local, gourmet pizza place....was told no openings and just as the young "manager" said that...three illegals came out of the back kitchen to clean the "tables". There you go.

Acworth GA----

I stopped at the local Burger King on Cobb Parkway in Acworth the other night. There was a young teen manning the register. There was a tall, pale lady who appeared to be overseeing the workings of the store. The three people preparing the orders did not speak very much English. Oh please forgive me if I sound like a racist, but they were short, dark and spoke what sounded like Spanish to my unskilled ear. Oh, what a horrible bigot I am.
    I am so bad, I want American high schoolers to have these jobs. What a horrible racist, bigot, xenophobe am I...........

PS I will never go back to that Burger King again. I do not go back to stores that obviously employ aliens. The odds are very high that they are illegals and that the store does not deserve business from American citizens.

PPS A sign on the wall stating that management has used Everify to vet their employees would have a positive effect. Also, if caught lying, this would cause the business to lose its license.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast