Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Council of Churches: Undermining American Law and Christian

Many church groups providing sanctuary to illegals claim biblical authority. FSM Contributing Editor George Weissinger poses searching questions focusing on the Council of Churches. Are they following sincere interpretations of Jesus’ teachings, or are they willfully breaking U.S. laws?

Council of Churches: Undermining American Law and Christian Values

By George Weissinger
    May 11, 2007

"You have made my house a den of robbers."

Hypocrites often use the Lord’s name to promote their agenda. Mary Dewar believes that Jesus broke laws He believed were unjust. In so doing, such activists promote breaking the law, especially as the law relates to immigration, ignoring the rules and allowing illegal aliens to live in the US without fear of apprehension, or removal.

The Ten Commandments serve as the guide for all Christians but there is no reference to harboring illegal aliens in those laws. What we commonly refer to as mala in se laws include murder, rape, robbery, adultery and behaviors we would agree are reprehensible. The mala prohibita offenses such as parking ticket violations, and, yes, immigration violations (illegal aliens) were hardly the concern of The Prophet.

However, the Council of Churches, a coalition of 400 churches, opposes Suffolk County’s Executive Steve Levy’s initiative on illegal immigration. They assert that it goes against Christian values. Levy’s initiative will most likely not amount to very much in terms of solving the illegal alien problem but it is a step in the right direction. Remember, the federal government tried to initiate employer sanctions after President Reagan gave millions of illegals amnesty back in 1986. The only thing this accomplished was angst for the INS that tried unsuccessfully to implement it.

So, what is the message of the Council of Churches? They are promoting law breaking, sneaking into the US, harboring illegal aliens under the guise of sanctuary, and jumping the line ahead of those who try to follow the rules. Any theological scholars, who can find Biblical references that promote law breaking of this kind, especially as it relates to immigration, please let me know. I stand to be corrected. On the contrary, I was taught in the Catholic school I attended that Jesus encouraged following the law, and probably did this to avoid problems, rather than to incite, as these activists do. I become concerned when church leaders distort the teachings of Jesus Christ to promote their political agendas and attempt to represent all Christians in doing so. They do not speak for me, and I do not promote breaking the law.

The Mayor of San Francisco officially offered sanctuary to illegal aliens in his city. This sanctuary movement has been going on for a long time and is promoted under the guise of religion. Politicians are now using sanctuary to promote their liberal agenda. I do believe that knowingly offering refuge to illegal aliens is a violation of law. More importantly, sanctuary offers a convenient loophole for the potential terrorist. How easy would it be for a terrorist cell to imbed itself in a religious center under the protection of some religious order? The apparent ease of entering this country illegally coupled with this encouragement offers serious complications for enforcement.

I do have compassion for illegal aliens who are truly the poor and needy, and wish that our political leaders, and the sending countries’ leaders who are so corrupt that they encourage this system of peonage, would offer some relief by passing meaningful legislation. However, promoting law breaking certainly will not solve the illegal alien problem. It does not do service to the unfortunate. Rather, it perpetuates a peonage system and creates a subclass of oppressed people. Also, remember that not all illegal aliens are hard working, poor migrants. Some are terrorists, and some are criminals imposing grief and tragedy upon those with whom they come in contact. If 1% of the millions of illegals are of this latter group we have a serious problem in the US.

The laws and rules are meant to protect the law abiding and offer some form of order and control. That is the basis of civilization. The Council of Churches promotes chaos and disorder by offering sanctuary and does little to make this a better world. More importantly, they wish us to believe that Jesus would have done this were He on Earth today. It is admirable when people with integrity fight injustice and refuse to follow illegal orders. This is not an example of integrity. It is hypocrisy, and Jesus could not stand hypocrites.

Please listen to the words of St. Mark:
    Mark 11:15:

I do not sit with deceitful men,
    nor do I consort with hypocrites; Psalm 26:4

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/ch ... ?id=967467
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Churches that do this should lose their tax exempt status. Our Constitution is supposed to protect us from the churches deciding policy.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

STOP giving the churches ANY money NOW. Trust me, they'll do a 180 once the collection plate is bare for awhile.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Jean, I can sum up my feelings over that post with only one word, "AMEN"!