Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cox: Illegal immigrants can't get Michigan driver's license!

Cox: Illegal immigrants can't get Michigan driver's license
    12/27/2007, 3:01 p.m. EST
    The Associated Press

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan's attorney general says illegal immigrants can no longer get a state driver's license.

Mike Cox's legal opinion overrules an opinion written in 1995 by former Attorney General Frank Kelley.

Michigan is one of a handful of states in which illegal immigrants have been able to get driver's licenses.

But Cox says people who aren't lawfully in the U.S. can't be residents of Michigan for the purposes of obtaining a driver's license.

The opinion released Thursday may bolster efforts to create a new Michigan driver's license and state identification card.

Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land has proposed a plan under which only those who are Michigan residents and legally in the U.S. would be able to get the new standard license.

___

On the Net:

Attorney General Mike Cox: http://www.michigan.gov/ag

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ss ... wsmichigan

Great, another step toward enforcement. I suspect we are forcing more politicians to do this.

Please go to your states web site for your attorney general and email him this news. Might be good to email your Gov. also.

Help spread the word.

Well are the states waking up?

--------------------------HELP RED ALERT 12/27-------------------

LETS HELP WILLIAM AND TALK RADIO STOP "THE HUCKSTER" WE WILL NOT HAVE AN AMNESTY PRESIDENT !!!

Instruction and contact information at link below(lets go Alipacer's)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95676.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!

Re: Cox: Illegal immigrants can't get Michigan driver's lice

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Michigan's attorney general says illegal immigrants can no longer get a state driver's license.
    WOO-HOO!!! GOOD!!!
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

I will celebrate when Maryland does the same....
    If one state gives them a DL then it is useless.... We are getting more and more illegals each day....We are awash in illegals.....
    We are seeing cars with PA, Va and South Carolina tags moving to Maryland....

Thats great news - NO DL in Mich.!!

Thats great news - NO DR. LICENSE to ILLEGALS in Mich.!!
    About time people are waking up.....

beings they are a neighbor to the sanctuary State of Illinois, it's probably in response to assist in keeping the illegals from IL from living and/or working there as well as their being a border State.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Now here's something I never thought I'd say:

I like COX!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cigar wrote:

I will celebrate when Maryland does the same....
    If one state gives them a DL then it is useless.... We are getting more and more illegals each day....We are awash in illegals.....
    We are seeing cars with PA, Va and South Carolina tags moving to Maryland....
    Under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, the Constitution leaves each state the authority to decide who is licensed to do what within that state. A state has no constitutional obligation to recognize driver's licenses from other states. All 50 states recognize all state driver's licenses to get reciprocity for their own citizens.

We need laws to get our states not only not issue driver's licenses to illegal immigrants but also not to recognize a driver's license of any state who issues driver's licenses to illegals. We not only don't want to issue illegals driver's licenses, we don't want illegals driving in our state with a license issued by another state. So any person with a Maryland driver's license would have to get a Virginia, North Carolina, etc. driver's license from that state to legally drive in that state. Maryland citizens would be in an uproar if that happened.

Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)