Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cracking Down on Illegals

Cracking Down on Illegals
    Wednesday's Cover Story (7PM Prime Time Solution)
    Watch Video

A tiny Rowan County town on the front lines of an immigration war.

The Mayor of Landis is pushing for a double crackdown- zero tolerance for drunk drivers, zero tolerance for illegal immigrants.

A normal day in Landis means lots of trains through downtown...but there is something else chugging through this town...support for a mayor who calls it like he sees it.

"I'm no different than anybody else, I can pretty clearly see right from wrong, I think we're on the wrong track."

That's why he told his police chief to increase drunk driving checkpoints, and said he would cancel town contracts given to companies that hire illegals, what do Landis residents think?

"We've had so many problems with illegals drinking and driving, killing our people, it's a messI support it 100%."

"It seems like now a lot of them are getting by, maybe this will help to bring it to fruition, I don't know."

Then there's this show a support...a sign placed at the site where Leeanna Newman died...now it includes an attachement that reads "Atta Boy Mike..."

Mike, as in Mayor Mike, graduated from Landis High in 1960, he runs a restaurant where he talks to lots of locals, he says he knew his idea would get support and he's also asking that residents hold local, state, and national politicians accountable...

"I don't care if you're a Democrat or Republican, you're not helping this country if you dont'help address these issues, we're tired of it."

His words a sign that folks in Landis want to see drunk drivers and illegal immigrants on the first train out of town.

And the mayor says as a small town mayor he can do more than a state or national politician...he says that's how these changes will come about, if individual communities take the effort and run with it...he says then the higher up politicians will have to pay attention...he calls on folks to support Sue Myrick's Scott Gardner Act, and state representative Fred Steen's initiative to allow police to make a 2nd murder charge if a pregnant woman is murdered and her unborn child dies as a result...that of course exactly what happned in Landis...

Story Created: Mar 7, 2007 at 7:44 PM EST

Story Updated: Mar 7, 2007 at 7:44 PM EST

http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/6366332.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Mayor Mike...........an American!

Great article And what's amazing about it?
    It screams COMMON SENSE & RULE OF LAW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The other story they had on their station yesterday is that the NC state troopers had to let a suv full of illegals go because ICE wouldnt take them. The illegals were all smiles as all 11 of them cramed their way back inot the suv. They said they were heading to Buffalo, NY
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)