Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Crank Calls Plague Racial Profiling Hotline

Crank Calls Plague Racial Profiling Hotline
    August 13th, 2007 @ 3:24pm
    by Doug Ramsey/KTAR

The crank phone calls greatly outnumbered the legitimate ones today on a new racial profiling hotline.

Elias Bermudez of Immigrants Without Borders says of 100 calls, five complaints are being forwarded to attorneys as possible civil rights violations.

"We're just taking all the information. We are going to turn this over to attorneys who are going to be reviewing each one of these cases and they're going to be calling these people in for an interview. They're the ones who are going to make the legal decision to submit to the U.S. attorney's office," Bermudez said.

One involved a man stopped for no apparent reason.

"He was just stopped to check and see if he had a valid license then and they also asked him for legal status," Bermudez said.

The man was never told why he was stopped.

"He was not issued a report or a ticket," Bermudez said.

A total of four hotlines are being operated by Latino rights groups.

It's a reaction to a hotline established by Sheriff Joe Arpaio for reporting illegal immigrants.

Bermudez said the hotline has also received several angry calls from people who want all illegals to leave the state.

"We are very much afraid that this is going to escalate into a confrontational situation where we will have riots and we will have some violent reaction from our community and we don't want that," Bermudez said.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=566797
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Riot threat! This fits with our understanding of the increased desperations in the ranks of the illegals.

"We are very much afraid that this is going to escalate into a confrontational situation where we will have riots and we will have some violent reaction from our community and we don't want that," Bermudez said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My thoughts exactly as I read this.

If they do riot they will loose

any hope for legalization as

more americans will join our

voices,instead of remaining

silent,for them to be removed

from American soil.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Riots because of prank calls? Who is going to riot, the illegals? If they riot, it will make it easier to be rounded up and sent home.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Elias Bermudez of Immigrants Without Borders says of 100 calls, five complaints are being forwarded to attorneys as possible civil rights violations
    ...Well.....excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Ms. Bermudez...I kinda feel you have violated MY civil rights by inviting-aiding-and abetting illegal aliens into MY country.

Who do you think should be stopped, Elias ? White and black Americans only? If it is against the law to be here illegaly, how do you expect to know who is here legally? wait for illegals to come up and announce their status? You're just showing your stupidity.

...allright, she's stepped in it now...get this to an attorney and have this instigator prosecuted for SEDITION.

Dictionary.com
    se·di·tion
    –noun
    1. incitement of discontent or rebellion against a government.
    2. any action, esp. in speech or writing, promoting such discontent or rebellion.
    3. Archaic. rebellious disorder.

American Heritage Dictionary
    se·di·tion
    n.
    Conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state.
    Insurrection; rebellion.

Oh yeah....PLEASE riot!!! Nothing could be better for our cause.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

OK, a lot of calls can be traced just by caller ID - why don't they find and prosecute these people. Sentence them to hard labor and let them pick the fruits and veggies they are so concerned about.

Did he just threaten us?

wow!!!!

I better bite my tounge.....
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast